PDA

View Full Version : 9V-SKE First Departure

Tim Bowrey
1st July 2008, 03:05 PM
The 5th SQ A380 will make its very first departure out of Sydney this afternoon. It wasnt too long ago until we were awaiting the first one to come in as SQ380.. Now theres 5!

Just for other info. B-HOU was in breifly wearing the full CX colours on a 744(BCF) rather than the silver bullet for once;)

Tim

Sarah C
1st July 2008, 04:29 PM
9V-SKE took off on runway 25 this afternoon with the strong wind.

There have also been a couple of go-arounds (mainly DJ 737's) and the VS to HKG returned to the gate. All it did was roll the first attempt, did the same for the second and returned to the gate. Not sure if it was a medical or another problem.

Ross Corrigan
1st July 2008, 11:40 PM
Managed to capture the departure on a rather crappy Handycam I had with me at that time. Sound quality a bit ordinary and the wind was blowing. Quite amazing how quickly it got airborne and how quiet it is. Still is one god ugly beast however!

You can see the result on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZl5181fBpM

Mario Facchini
4th July 2008, 08:12 PM
Managed to capture the departure on a rather crappy Handycam I had with me at that time. Sound quality a bit ordinary and the wind was blowing. Quite amazing how quickly it got airborne and how quiet it is. Still is one god ugly beast however!

You can see the result on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZl5181fBpM

Nice one ross.

Where did you take that?

Nigel C
4th July 2008, 08:27 PM
Shep's Mound, by the look of it.

Greg McDonald
5th July 2008, 12:52 AM
Completely and utterly off topic but what the hell..... check out the landing and body flex in this clip!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVQ8f8Gq2yA&NR=1

Nigel C
5th July 2008, 10:08 AM
Nice one Greg. Love the 'suspension' that the cockpit has going!:D

Ross Corrigan
5th July 2008, 12:44 PM
To answer your question Mario, yep it was from Shep's mound. Now if only we could get rid of a few of those trees and that bloody shed! I was surprised as I was the only one there but it was windy and cold and as they say "you don't have to be crazy but it helps".

Mario Facchini
5th July 2008, 04:35 PM
To answer your question Mario, yep it was from Shep's mound. Now if only we could get rid of a few of those trees and that bloody shed! I was surprised as I was the only one there but it was windy and cold and as they say "you don't have to be crazy but it helps".

I was out there today with a mate and along with the trees, they need to get rid of some of the light towers !!!!!!

Nigel C
5th July 2008, 04:43 PM
I heard they were going to double the number of lights. Not enough coverage at the moment.

They're also going to install the really high security fence. Too many photos on Airliners.net with no obstructions.

Mario Facchini
5th July 2008, 11:31 PM
I heard they were going to double the number of lights. Not enough coverage at the moment.

They're also going to install the really high security fence. Too many photos on Airliners.net with no obstructions.

bloody joke if they do. Today was my first time at Sheps mound and i really enjoyed the view.

9V-SKD was in today, got some great Head on shots from there.

David Ramsay
6th July 2008, 10:06 AM
bloody joke

Exactly, I think you missed it. :p