PDA

View Full Version : RAAF Flyover Thursday 3 July Glenbrook

Jethro H
2nd July 2008, 05:52 PM
Heads up for anyone out western suburbs/Blue Mountains.

There is a change of Command for the RAAF to occur at RAAF Base Glenbrook on Thursday 3rd July:

At 1525hrs:
A flypast will involve an F-111 from No 6 Squadron at RAAF Base Amberley and 2 F/A-18 Hornet aircraft from No 81 Wing at RAAF Base Williamtown. The aircraft will make two passes, flying from north to south at a height of approximately 500 feet.

Then at 1915hrs:
An F-111 jet will conduct a ‘dump and burn’ display above RAAF Base Glenbrook

(Sorry for the late notice)

Paul P.
3rd July 2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the tipoff Jethro, it was a bit of a let down though, they did one pass North to South and disapeared just as quickly as they got there. It was hard to get a good picture because they broke formation as soon as they hit the base, some defence photograghers that were at my location were pretty annoyed.

The dump and burn later on should be good, if anyone's in the area the M4 bridge crossing Nepean river will be a good vantage point

Andrew McLaughlin
3rd July 2008, 07:02 PM
Sorry for the late notice but I heard at the parade that the dump and burn has been cancelled.

Greg McDonald
3rd July 2008, 07:56 PM
NOW we find out!!! Just froze the jatz crackers off waiting for it to happen:mad:

Andrew McLaughlin
3rd July 2008, 08:12 PM
NOW we find out!!! Just froze the jatz crackers off waiting for it to happen:mad:

Sorry but I'd just got home from Glenbrook myself when I posted.

matthew mcdonald
3rd July 2008, 10:37 PM
Greg was just in a ****ty mood because it was -1000 degrees and when he rang Richmond up they told us it had been canned. Not your fault Andrew.

Greg McDonald
3rd July 2008, 11:32 PM
Sorry but I'd just got home from Glenbrook myself when I posted.

Not having a go at you at all Andrew. It was bloody cold on that bridge though!!