PDA

View Full Version : UAL839/840 & LAN801/800 Crew Changes

Sam D
28th September 2014, 11:51 PM
Hi,

I have two flights into Sydney that I'm curious about in terms of crew changes. United Airlines flight 839/840 (plus a little bit of 863/870) and LAN Chile 801/800. First let's talk about the yanks.

How does United 839 crew operate the legs? I am aware that its not actually the LA aircraft that operates the SYD - MEL- SYD route, rather the SFO 777 which also raises the question, which crew operates the Melbourne sector?

I would think it would be:

Day 1: LAX/SFO - SYD
Day 2: SYD - MEL - SYD
Day 3: SYD - LAX/SFO

I may be wrong, hence why I'm curious as to whether anyone knows for sure.

NOW for our Chilean friends.

Would it be:

Day 1: SCL - AKL
Day 2: AKL - SYD - AKL
Day 3: AKL - SCL

?

Or would the crew also stay a night in Sydney and operate SYD - AKL on day 3? Clarification would be great, along with the occasional comment exclaiming how wrong I am and that I should be banished from this site forever.

Thanks,
Sam.

Michael Cleary
29th September 2014, 11:13 PM
You are probably right with the legs, though the days would be a matter of what agreements the crews have with their employer.

Andrew Coggan
30th September 2014, 11:41 AM
Hi Sam,

I flew LAN SYD-AKL a few weeks ago and the crew had said they had done AKL-SYD-AKL for the day.

Brock Little
30th September 2014, 05:21 PM
The crew on my LAN AKL-SYD flight said they do SCL-AKL, have a night in AKL, then AKL-SYD-AKL, another night in AKL, then AKL-SCL. I assume the number of nights spent in AKL could change on occasion.