PDA

View Full Version : A Changing World

Donald H
29th November 2014, 08:28 PM
Hi all. I was just wondering if Santa Claus & his Sleigh travel at FL290 or above & therefore be required to have ADS-B in

Oz? Surely this would play havoc around the country with children up all night trying to E-Track their presents? Not to

mention shouldering their 'Pops' aside from their computers!

Of course with Mode-S'anta' MLATs will have a say as well, though not to the front door. I suspect that 'The Santa Group

International' will be lobbying for a blackout on tracking & those grumps at FR24 will comply :p .

How can we trick the rugrats these days as most of us don't even have chimneys for the S-Man (Oops, person) to enter our

abodes? :eek:

Yours Sincerely,

An old fashioned codger .

Todd Steele
29th November 2014, 10:58 PM
I recall my parents telling me how Santa lands his sleigh in the front yard and we would leave a key outside so he could come in. It would of been handy to track his approach into the drive way ;) haha

Mark Grima
30th November 2014, 09:46 AM
How can we trick the rugrats these days as most of us don't even have chimneys for the S-Man (Oops, person) to enter our

We had a chimney but apparently the big man was too...well..big...to fit down it.

We had to leave the front window open all night to let him in. I hated xmas eve, was always terrified we'd get burgled!

When I'd wake up on xmas day and find said window closed, the parents would always remark how polite Santa was to close the window on his way out:D

Cheers

M

Adam P.
1st December 2014, 11:09 AM
Airservices released Santa's fight plan last year and it did not include ADS-B in the equipment list.
Perhaps the LAMEs (Licenced Aircraft Mechanical Elves) have installed an approved transponder into SLEIGH1 since then.

Donald H
13th December 2014, 08:00 PM
It's a great 'shame' thet Scoot have purloined 'SC001' for themsELVES :).