PDA

View Full Version : Fly-In 27 JUL - anyone?

Adam P.
6th July 2008, 01:28 PM
Hello all,
A few of us decided to go flying somewhere again... we've picked a day, we've picked a place, and we thought we'd throw it open to the Board at large to see if anyone is interested in joining us.

The Date: Sunday 27 JUL 08
The Place: Wallsend Airstrip (up near Newcastle)

If anyone is interested to fill in a few spare seats either paxing (on a cost-share basis to remain inside the regulations - this is a private operation) or flying your own aircraft, please get in touch through the board's PM facility.

So far we have a pair of C182s making the trip out of Camden and Bankstown. We'd love to get a few more...

This is the strip, from the last time we went there...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee27/kookabat/oct07-608partywallsend032.jpg

Edward Terry
6th July 2008, 04:08 PM
You can get an idea of Wallsend I by watching this video (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=naHPEkg64as). There are a number of frames of the Citabria attempting to land; we on the ground had many opportunities to get the perfect shot of a full stop landing. :D

Adam P.
12th July 2008, 05:29 PM
http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bump.gif

Thanks to those who have contacted me so far. I currently have 10 people confirmed to go along on the 27th - that's three aeroplanes full - with possibly up to two more aircraft tagging along. We got two aeroplanes up there last time, so five would make for a truly fantastic day!
With two weeks to go before the day, there are a couple of spare seats going at this stage. If anyone is keen to fill one, please drop me a PM as soon as you can. I hope to have aircraft allocated by early next week...

Adam P.
15th July 2008, 05:29 PM
One seat left... final call... one seat left..... anyone?

Chris W
15th July 2008, 05:38 PM
I would, but due to the poor planning on someone's behalf, I cannot. :p

Adam P.
25th July 2008, 07:41 PM
****CANCELLED******

Sadly the current forecast, and the rain that the area has received in the last couple of days, means that there is a good chance the Wallsend strip will be unusable on Sunday. With this in mind, and following an annoying double booking by a flying school that shall remain nameless (it wasn't Curtis) at the last minute, it's been decided to put the event off a week.

Anyone now able to join us on Sunday 03 JULY 2008, please get in touch!

Chris W
25th July 2008, 08:21 PM
As long as you can direct us to the nearest time machine Adam.

Nigel C
25th July 2008, 08:22 PM
Hmm...the 3rd of July....sorry but that was a dayshift for me, so I couldn't attend even if I wanted to.

I do have the 3rd of AUGUST off, but I'm busy. Sorry!

Adam P.
26th July 2008, 02:24 PM
Bugger.

03 AUGUST 2008.

You all know what I meant.

Adam P.
1st August 2008, 02:44 PM
Due to an unfortunate pilot shortage (see, it's not just the airlines!) the Wallsend fly-in has been put off indefinitely... will advise when we eventually get around to trying again.

Doh!

David Ramsay
1st August 2008, 04:09 PM
You could always try golf instead. :p