PDA

View Full Version : Qantas fleet ADSB status update

Will T
17th July 2008, 08:06 AM
These are the Qantas aeroplanes currently fitted with ADS-B transponder equipment (possibly of interest to those with SBS-1 receivers!)..

A330: all aircraft
744: all aircraft
738: VYA-VYL, VZA-VZE

On the subject of ADS-B receivers, has anyone had any experience with the Airnav model? How does it compare to SBS-1?

Cheers, Will

Pat Stevens
21st July 2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the update Will. Regarding the two models, there seems to be only slight differences. The Airnav model apparently has better maps and also has access to the rest of it's international feeds. The SBS seems to be more reliable and i think may have slightly better reception. I've got the SBS and can't live without it. There's also Planeplotter which is a third party application that quite a few of us are feeding into around Australia. You pay $40 registration fee (one off) and you can see everyone's feeds who are participating around the world. I usually have both programs open so when i lose reception om my SBS locally, aircraft then pop up on Planeplotter as someone with better reception in Sydney is feeding it. I can also watch airtraffic over the UK or anywhere else where there are feeds.

Pat