PDA

View Full Version : Condoleza Rice to visit Perth next week

John Thoroughgood
19th July 2008, 05:48 PM
Just noticed on Sky News channel, that US Secretary of State, Ms Rice is to visit Perth next week, though didn't indicate which day.
Guess it's possible that her aircraft may touchdown in Sydney enroute?

Andrew P
19th July 2008, 06:01 PM
no Sydney

Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Perth, Auckland, Apia, Hawaii, home

http://www.state.gov/secretary/trvl/2008/107159.htm

Banjo

Rhys Xanthis
19th July 2008, 06:40 PM
Why is she coming to Perth?

what plane does the secretary of state use? im having a look round, but cant find anything..

Torin Wilson
19th July 2008, 06:46 PM
what plane does the secretary of state use? im having a look round, but cant find anything..
This

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Boeing-C-32A-(757-2G4)/1359472/L/

Rhys Xanthis
19th July 2008, 06:50 PM
This

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/Boeing-C-32A-(757-2G4)/1359472/L/

Thanks, just came across that and was coming to post it!

She has flown in a BBJ, but i would be betting the 757 .

Cheers

Mark Grima
20th July 2008, 12:06 AM
Why is she coming to Perth?

Hey Rhys,

I have read (on smh.com.au) that our Foreign Minister Stephen Smith asked her to visit his electorate of Perth when he was in Washington DC early this year to meet Rice who is his counterpart in the U.S. Should count your selves lucky to have to oppertunity to host her, both from being able to photograph her 757 and secondly from having your wonderful (in my opinion) city all over U.S. tv for a couple days :-)

Cheers

M

J Brown
20th July 2008, 12:54 AM
Lets stick to the subject thanks Liam -mod

damien b
20th July 2008, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see her pay a visit to the SAS Regiment as well to thank them for their efforts in Afghanistan.

Philip Argy
20th July 2008, 11:59 AM
I've seen a number of reports claiming that it's Condy's first visit to Oz - that of course is incorrect as she accompanied President Bush to Sydney and Canberra because his wife was ill.

Andrew P
20th July 2008, 01:59 PM
- that of course is incorrect as she accompanied President Bush to Sydney and Canberra because his wife was ill.

also because George W has the hots for her, so the rumours go

Rhys Xanthis
20th July 2008, 02:09 PM
Hey Rhys,

I have read (on smh.com.au) that our Foreign Minister Stephen Smith asked her to visit his electorate of Perth when he was in Washington DC early this year to meet Rice who is his counterpart in the U.S. Should count your selves lucky to have to oppertunity to host her, both from being able to photograph her 757 and secondly from having your wonderful (in my opinion) city all over U.S. tv for a couple days :-)

Cheers

M

Have your own opinion about Perth, i have mine:p.

I'll have school anyway, and i havent really got a good lens (end of this year), so no photo taking!

I wonder if she will even land at Perth Airport? They're nuts about security and Perth has quite a lot of open spaces..perhaps RAAF Pearce base and a helicopter in? Or the 757 will park at RAAF Pearce?

This is all assuming they are nuts about security (safe assumption i think:p)

I wouldn't be surprised to see her pay a visit to the SAS Regiment as well to thank them for their efforts in Afghanistan.

My thoughts exactly. They were pretty much the frontrunners in Iraq when the invasion started, I'm not sure about Afghanistan though, although they are doing a fair amount there now.

Montague S
24th July 2008, 09:13 PM
from Greg W.

USAF C-40B 'Clipper' 01-0041 c/n 33080 arrived 18.40hrs ex: Paya Lebar as flight 'SAM 2916'

David M
26th July 2008, 08:39 AM
Does anyone have an ETD for her flight today??

Cheers

David.M.

Philip Argy
26th July 2008, 08:55 AM
I believe she is already in New Zealand

David M
26th July 2008, 08:58 AM
Oh ok... had been rumour that she'd stop into ADL for fuel, as there is a visiting USAF C-17 here at the moment.

Cheers

David.M.

Philip Argy
26th July 2008, 09:04 AM
Stuff in NZ reports that she arrived in Auckland last night and flies to Samoa tomorrow:

Rice arrives in New Zealand

Stuff.co.nz | Friday, 25 July 2008

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/742079.jpg OLA THORSEN
TOUCHDOWN: United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, has arrived in Auckland.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/742080.jpg OLA THORSEN
GREETINGS: US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice meets with foreign affairs minister Winston Peters.

http://inl-images.adbureau.net/inl/accipiter/images/AE3.gif (http://inl.adbureau.net/accipiter/adclick/CID=fffffffcfffffffcfffffffc/aamsz=300x600/POS=STORYMIDDLECOLUMN/acc_random=92306213605/pageid=92306213605/site=s/area=s.stuff.news.politics)

The world's most powerful woman, United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, has touched down in Auckland.

Rice, who will hold talks with Prime Minister Helen Clark and Foreign Minister Winston Peters tomorrow, made no comment to reporters on the plane carrying her from Australia.
Rice had spent the day in the West Australian capital Perth after arriving late yesterday as a personal guest of Foreign Affairs Minister Stephen Smith.
She is due to leave New Zealand on Sunday, on route for Samoa where she will speak to ministers from 16-nation Pacific Islands Forum.

Montague S
26th July 2008, 11:10 AM
Oh ok... had been rumour that she'd stop into ADL for fuel, as there is a visiting USAF C-17 here at the moment.

Cheers

David.M.

lol...I heard a rumour she was stopping in to see Lord Downer. ;)

Robert Zweck
28th July 2008, 02:46 PM
lol...I heard a rumour she was stopping in to see Lord Downer. ;)

Alexander once presented her with an Adelaide Crows guernsey.

Marty H
28th July 2008, 03:26 PM

We were robbed by drugs in 05 and 06:(

Rhys Xanthis
28th July 2008, 05:24 PM

mmhmm...:rolleyes:...the camry crows/fruit tingles/whatever just suck:p

Montague S
28th July 2008, 06:36 PM

bet its in the bin by now...where most crows merchandise ends up. ;)

Tim C
28th July 2008, 06:36 PM

I dont even go for the Eagles but sounds like lots of jealousy there. First ive heard of meth being performance enhancing also. Crows do just suck cant live on the 97/98 forever why dont they win something this decade? Chokers! Been back 2 days Hanley and already going OT.

Cheers

Montague S
28th July 2008, 06:47 PM
disregard.

Rhys Xanthis
28th July 2008, 08:35 PM
I dont even go for the Eagles but sounds like lots of jealousy there. First ive heard of meth being performance enhancing also. Crows do just suck cant live on the 97/98 forever why dont they win something this decade? Chokers! Been back 2 days Hanley and already going OT.

Cheers

Indeed they were lucky to win one of those from all accounts:p

Grant Smith
29th July 2008, 12:29 AM
I dont even go for the Eagles

GC17 all your life Tim ;)

Rhys Xanthis
29th July 2008, 12:54 AM
GC17 all your life Tim ;)

and it will last all of 17 months:p:p:p

Tim C
29th July 2008, 12:58 AM
GoldCoast 17 will roll the Crows anyday thats all that matters!

Rhys Xanthis
29th July 2008, 01:00 AM
GoldCoast 17 will roll the Crows anyday thats all that matters!

hehe.

2 preliminary finals in a row...what can i say?

Go eagles ;)

Grant Smith
29th July 2008, 01:03 AM
and it will last all of 17 months:p:p:p

Umm... Right... Rhys, until you're of the age where you can understand such complexities in life - best you keep your armchair expert opinion to your mates in the schoolyard...

Cam S
29th July 2008, 01:12 AM
Why So Serious Et Al?