PDA

View Full Version : JQ Problem

Craig Lindsay
24th July 2008, 04:18 PM
I flew out of yssy on wed morning.It was the first flight of the morning up to cooly on JQ400 .Every one was on board and the pilot announced there was a problem with something in the cockpit and they had an engineer looking at it.I was just curious about what the problem was.It took about 20 minutes to fix.

Daniel M
24th July 2008, 04:57 PM
from what my sources tell me, the flux capacitor was running low on jiggawatts and needed a full reboot, hence the 20 minute timeframe.

ChrisG.
24th July 2008, 05:05 PM
Further to what Daniel has said, occasionally the jiggawatt generator in the screens need's to be emptied out as well. It accumulates liquid in it sometimes that's needed to run the screen's and can be trapped. Resetting them does the trick.

We had problems like this over in Europe on the A320's for one of my past employers.

Cheers

Chris

Adam P.
24th July 2008, 05:07 PM
Can confirm it was the Jiggawatt Generator.

Stephen Brown
24th July 2008, 05:53 PM
The problem was probably something in the cockpit

Gabriel S.
24th July 2008, 06:53 PM
20 minutes? Sounds about right. Note the correct spelling, "gigawatt generator".

Philip Argy
24th July 2008, 11:01 PM
I think they were just having trouble bridging the credibility gap ...

David Ramsay
25th July 2008, 07:32 AM
Note the correct spelling, "gigawatt generator".

That was actually the problem, it had spelt itself incorrectly and they needed a 20 minute spell to fix it.

Kelvin R
25th July 2008, 09:25 AM
Is that because the A320 FMC runs Windows? Hence why the reboot takes so long? If only they moved to a Mac OS the reboot would take half the time :)

chrisb
25th July 2008, 10:28 AM
Is that because the A320 FMC runs Windows? Hence why the reboot takes so long? If only they moved to a Mac OS the reboot would take half the time :)

Yes, but once the FMC was on MacOS, you'd no longer be able to program in a flight route - It would tell you the best way to get to the destination and if you don't like it then too bad!

Chris B.
25th July 2008, 01:09 PM
The Captain probably forgot the keys.

Craig Lindsay
25th July 2008, 05:02 PM
If i wanted stupid answers i would of gone to the pub:):confused::mad:

ChrisG.
25th July 2008, 05:12 PM
Well don't ask stupid questions. There could be 1,000 explanations for your delay. If they told you it's something in the cockpit, then there's your answer. Do you really need a longer explanation?

Chris

Grant Smith
25th July 2008, 05:41 PM
Not to mention that it's fairly safe to say that the pilots are not members on this board, so everything would simply be speculation...

Andrew McLaughlin
25th July 2008, 06:07 PM
If i wanted stupid answers i would of gone to the pub:):confused::mad:

Well, you ARE "within walking distance to (sic) 8 drinking establishments" after all... :rolleyes:

stuart r
25th July 2008, 08:11 PM
Well don't ask stupid questions. There could be 1,000 explanations for your delay. If they told you it's something in the cockpit, then there's your answer. Do you really need a longer explanation?

Chris

What is wrong with this board now???

Ever since it came back after the period of downtime, it has been plagued with people more interested in upping their post count and/or unfairly having a go at their fellow aviation enthusiasts. It's pathetic.

I don't regard the original question as 'stupid' - somebody reading this might know and may be able to provide interesting information for discussion. Lashing out at someone for posting an aviation related question on an aviation enthusiasts' message board is unfair and in bad taste. :confused:

Craig Lindsay
25th July 2008, 08:42 PM
What is wrong with this board now???

Ever since it came back after the period of downtime, it has been plagued with people more interested in upping their post count and/or unfairly having a go at their fellow aviation enthusiasts. It's pathetic.

I don't regard the original question as 'stupid' - somebody reading this might know and may be able to provide interesting information for discussion. Lashing out at someone for posting an aviation related question on an aviation enthusiasts' message board is unfair and in bad taste. :confused:

Thanku i JUST WANTED AN ANSWER.it might of been a minor problem but id still like to know what caused us to sit there for 20 minutes.Is that to much to ask for

Montague S
25th July 2008, 09:18 PM
you could've been stuck in a JFK que... :)