PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Premium Economy Rollout

David B.
25th March 2008, 08:34 PM
VH-OJH operated QF6195 today SYD-AVV for installation of Premium Economy.

Conversely, VH-OJP operated QF6196 AVV-SYD after having the new cabin and associated features installed.

747-400s featuring Premium Economy:

VH-OJK
VH-OJH (in the process of having Premium Economy installed)
VH-OJP

I understand VH-OJM and VH-OJS will shortly be taken offline for the upgrade (next in line).

Cheers

James P
26th March 2008, 10:45 PM
We are planning a trip to Hong Kong in October. Has anyone experienced either the Qantas product or Virgin Atlantic, which offers premium economy ex-Sydney?

Neil R.
27th March 2008, 10:38 AM
James – as a frequent flyer to Hong Kong my preferred carrier is Virgin using there Premium Economy. You will get Priority Baggage, and very nice leather seating in a separate cabin. The meals are slightly better then what is offered in Economy; however I would recommend the Virgin Premium Economy over BA World Traveller Plus any time. Can’t wait to try Qantas Premium Economy Product however – it does look good.

Ash W
27th March 2008, 08:16 PM
VH-OJH operated QF6195 today SYD-AVV for installation of Premium Economy.

Conversely, VH-OJP operated QF6196 AVV-SYD after having the new cabin and associated features installed.

747-400s featuring Premium Economy:

VH-OJK
VH-OJH (in the process of having Premium Economy installed)
VH-OJP

I understand VH-OJM and VH-OJS will shortly be taken offline for the upgrade (next in line).

Cheers

How long does it take to reconfigure an a/c. If I am not mistaken 1st April is when QF1 goes all premium Y which will require 3 aircfraft.

Luke Chittock
27th March 2008, 08:28 PM
Howdy Ash

How long does it take to reconfigure an a/c. If I am not mistaken 1st April is when QF1 goes all premium Y which will require 3 aircfraft.

The Premium Economy reconfig is scheduled to take 6days, however the first two aircraft had their reconfig incorporated with other maintenance checks.

Regards

Luke/PER

Ash W
27th March 2008, 08:38 PM
Howdy Ash

The Premium Economy reconfig is scheduled to take 6days, however the first two aircraft had their reconfig incorporated with other maintenance checks.

Regards

Luke/PER

6 days isn't too bad. In another thread someone mentioned the when -OJK went through they found some corrosion issues, guess anytime you rip the fittings out you are likley to find some things that need addressing.

Ben O
30th March 2008, 06:32 PM
Also for those who are not aware PE will be installed on all B747-400s including 2 class birds.

And 2 additional skybed J seats will be added to all 3 class B744s.