PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Tony G
8th August 2008, 03:18 PM
I am a new member and have had a passion for aircraft ever since i can remember.Thaought i would introduce myself and give a little history on how i got into aircraft.
It sarted as a very young spotter at around 10yo. I was at the airport every weekend at the grass area where the staff car park is now just before you go under the bridge accross cooks river. This was old school aircraft BA cargo 707, Anglo Cargo 707, NZ cargo DC-8,(707 and DC-8 were a site to see on approach, I think they started global warming actually :-) ) east-west Fokkers etc etc. I never had a camera at that age, but i have a mental picture of that period.

Ever since i have kept up random visits to the airport and back and recently bought myself a Canon 40D with a 70-200 F2.8 IS L Series Lens and i am back to what i know best taking photos of aircraft. Was at the airport as recent as last weekend to capture the two Japan Air-Force 747-400.

I also work with aircraft, as an Avionics Technician on C130J-30 Hercules (awesome glass cockpit aircraft). With the job i get to travel to great places and see some really really cool aircraft. Because of the nature of work i am not always allowed to take photos. Also flown a few GA hours, however money got a bit tight to pursue it further.

Have been looking for a forum such as this to share stories, photos and meet some people with the same passion. Look forward to chatting to you all and hope ai can make a positive contribution to the forum.

Thank You

Tony

Welcome to the Board, Tony! I've moved this thread to the 'Technical Discussion' forum, which people read more regularly. -Mod

Rhys Xanthis
8th August 2008, 03:22 PM
Welcome Tony G, hope you have a great time on the forum!

We all do (no matter how heated an argument may get:p)!!

Grant Smith
8th August 2008, 07:15 PM
G'day Tony,

Welcome aboard...

Feel free to join a whole bunch of us at Kogarah Golf Course on Sunday afternoon.

http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=916

Failing that meet us at the 19th Hole a.k.a the St. George Rowers Club...

Bernie P
8th August 2008, 08:33 PM
Hey there Tony (aka Seven '0' Seven)!

Again, as mention by many more, welcome to the board, and I hope to see you up on the mound one day... I am in a Red Vitara if your every there when I am!!!

See ya, Mr A380!!!!

Tony G
9th August 2008, 09:38 AM
G'day Tony,

Welcome aboard...

Feel free to join a whole bunch of us at Kogarah Golf Course on Sunday afternoon.

http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=916

Failing that meet us at the 19th Hole a.k.a the St. George Rowers Club...

I appreciate the invitation Grant. I actually had a game yesterday morning. I have to visit ( well i was told i dont have to attend , but i think i know what is best for my health, :p ) my girlfriends friend in hospital as she has just given birth.

I will jumped on board the next event when available. Thanks