PDA

View Full Version : KIX Osaka

Tony G
25th August 2008, 08:44 PM
Just thought i'd bring up a topic on Airports. I know its not the most appropriate place in this forum to place it, but the choices were limited.

Anyway, I have been to OSAKA KIX a few times now and was wondering how many members have been to Skyview. Apart from the old Ansett trolley carts they use in the Concorde lounge and the awesome facilities they offer for taking photos of approaching aircraft, I am really impressed with the Arrival/Departure software they use.

They have screens that show animated images of aircraft in full livery and position relative of the airport. It shows how far out they are, where they are coming from and what type of aircraft they are.

During my break in Japan i found a electronic shop that sold a similar software package as an ATC game, unfortunatley it was all in Japanese.

Also had to mention that a picked up two books from one of the shops within Skyview. the name of the book was CLASSIC AIRLINERS IN JAPAN VOL 1 and 2. The books are full of (coloured photos), of aircraft traffic flying in and out of Japan during the the 60,70 and 80. It details all the rego numbers and type of aircraft flown. Aircraft from VC-10 to Yak-40s, Convairs etc..
I know this is not much of a topic to add too, but I'd thought this is the safest place to express my aviation interest without being called a nerd:p. I guess it could be a start of a forum where members can ask about various airports before travel, for some spotting or photography.

cheers
Tony