PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Spotters

Tony G
5th September 2008, 10:41 PM
Hi all

I have just started adding photos to Jetphoto and i noticed there is a sydney spotters group. Does anyone know how i can be added. Thanks.

Tim Bowrey
5th September 2008, 11:24 PM
Hey Tony, im a member and i contacted Mark H i think requesting to join and he said about 50photos are expected to be in the database before you can join but theres quite a few members less than that. As soon as you get a couple accepted i'd be happy to add you with the approval of one or two of 'the big men'.

Tim

Krzysztof M
6th September 2008, 12:23 AM
'the big men'

Is 6'3 enough Tim? :D

Tony G
6th September 2008, 12:32 PM
Hey Tony, im a member and i contacted Mark H i think requesting to join and he said about 50photos are expected to be in the database before you can join but theres quite a few members less than that. As soon as you get a couple accepted i'd be happy to add you with the approval of one or two of 'the big men'.

Tim

Thanks Tim... My photos are still in Jetphotos que. I will contact once a get a few in. 50 photos:eek: the amount that are in the que i might have to wait a while:p. Ill try when i get 20+ in, see what the big men have to say.

Tim Bowrey
6th September 2008, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Tony G;12112]50 photos:eek:QUOTE]

Haha i totally agree its very difficult to get the hang of when editing but the best thing is to learn from your mistakes and have as many in queue as you can all the time. Hope to see some photos pop up mate.

Tim

Tony G
6th September 2008, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=Tony G;12112]50 photos:eek:QUOTE]

Haha i totally agree its very difficult to get the hang of when editing but the best thing is to learn from your mistakes and have as many in queue as you can all the time. Hope to see some photos pop up mate.

Tim

I checked out a few of yours, Quite good Tim. You must have been the guy I spoke to when JAL cargo (silver bullet) was landing on 34L, you had a white car.

I bought some of my photos ( which look focused and clear) down to 1024 width as required by the site and a lot of them get quite fuzzy when you zoom in. Are my photos crap, or do i have to edit them after bringing them down to 1024.

Tim Bowrey
6th September 2008, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Tim Bowrey;12122]

I checked out a few of yours, Quite good Tim. You must have been the guy I spoke to when JAL cargo (silver bullet) was landing on 34L, you had a white car.

I bought some of my photos ( which look focused and clear) down to 1024 width as required by the site and a lot of them get quite fuzzy when you zoom in. Are my photos crap, or do i have to edit them after bringing them down to 1024.

Yeah that was me;) I normally send at 1200px wide now but before i edit i normally resize to 1200px then sharpen then do the rest. But whatever gives you the best results i guess.

PaulL
6th September 2008, 04:14 PM
Some awesome photos there Tim. I notice you have one of the Sydney observation deck just wondering where in the terminal this is located?

Tim Bowrey
6th September 2008, 07:03 PM
Its towards the Northern end of Terminal 1(International). Go upstairs to where the check-in desks are for all the airlines and stuff and head to the Northern end where Etihad normally are in the afternoon and there will be a big restraunt/bar on your right where you can see outside to more tables. Go outside and theres a huge set of stairs which will take you up there or pass to the left of the stairs and continue down to the lift.

Tim