PDA

View Full Version : QF73 Wed (17/9)

Matthew Hogg
15th September 2008, 07:38 PM
Any of our QF guys able to let me know how full QF73 to KSFO is on Wednesday?

Would be greatly appreciated :)

Daniel F
15th September 2008, 10:19 PM
Not very full by the looks of it:

[KVS Availability Tool 3.3.0/Platinum - Apollo: ITN/US-ARL] (http://www.KVSTool.com/?R)

SYD Sydney Kingsford Smith NS AU [YSSY]
SFO San Francisco Int'l CA US [KSFO]
WED 17 Sep 2008

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -----------------------------------------------
QF 73 SYD 13:55 SFO 10:15 744 0 F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9

Matthew Hogg
16th September 2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry, haven't read one of these for a while.
Anyone care to decode it for me?

Scott Loveday
16th September 2008, 10:09 PM
Matthew,

My understanding is that any fare class listing for QF of 9 means that there's at least 9 seats available for sale in that particular class.

Eg: J9 = 9 or more full fare business class seats available.

Mark Grima
17th September 2008, 10:44 AM
Matthew,

Scott is correct. The letters indicate the booking codes for each class. F & A are first class, J, C & D are biz with everything else being economy. The highest number you will see next the each class is 9 which means 9 or more seats are free in that particular class.

When you see 9 across the board like this, you can see that every class on the flight has at the very least 9 seats that can be booked, so while you can't see exactly how many seats are free, you can see that at least 144 are (16 classes x 9 seats each) on the whole aircraft.

Cheers

M

Daniel F
17th September 2008, 11:14 AM
When you see 9 across the board like this, you can see that every class on the flight has at the very least 9 seats that can be booked, so while you can't see exactly how many seats are free, you can see that at least 144 are (16 classes x 9 seats each) on the whole aircraft.

Actually, that's not quite correct. You can only be sure that there are 9 seats left... not 144. Starting from Y are the economy booking classes. Y is the highest booking class... all the way down to O. When you see 9's across the board like that it generally (but not always) means the flight is quite empty because they are still selling the dirty cheap seats.

But in general a higher class seat will always be available when a lower class seat is still available... because Qantas are happy to sell a higher class ticket instead of a lower class ticket (and therefore get more revenue). So you can't just add up all the available seats in the booking classes to see how many seats are left.

Mark Grima
17th September 2008, 04:30 PM
hmmm, yep, yep, I do remember now! It has been a while since I have looked at a system and did forget that part! Thanks for clearing up Daniel.

Cheers

M