PDA

View Full Version : Daylights Savings

Grant Smith
30th March 2008, 02:30 AM
Ladies,

A friendly reminder that DST finishes next week as opposed to today. Unless of course you're over in the west, which changed back to normal time today.

:D

Ash W
30th March 2008, 05:51 AM
Two good time sites, so you don't have to think too hard:

http://www.abc.net.au/backyard/timezone.htm

Nigel C
30th March 2008, 06:10 AM
It's not that hard...

Spring forward
Fall back (or autumn for those who don't watch American TV).

Ash W
30th March 2008, 06:42 AM
It's not that hard...

Spring forward
Fall back (or autumn for those who don't watch American TV).

You don't seem to have many positive things to say on the new board Nigel, what's up?

But no it isn't that hard if you are in Australia, what is it now, 8 states and territories, 5 different time zones. Easy as.

Then there are people like me and those in the international aviation industry where you have to deal with people in a couple of dozen countries and you have no idea what the time is.

I can tell you Monday morning I will have fun resetting the time on 20 different systems over the world. Indeed some of the places I look after change to day light savings on Friday.

Nigel C
30th March 2008, 06:53 AM
Hey Ash,

I wasn't having a shot at you, in fact far from it. Apologies if you took it the wrong way.:)

I'm afraid the board has lost a lot of its 'fun' factor since its reincarnation, but that's not for discussion here. I'll probably post something on the Admin and Feedback part of the forum soon.

Cheers and beers
Nigel

Ash W
30th March 2008, 04:39 PM
I am pleased about that, but I have noticed some negativity in some of your posts (more or less why the hell did you bother to reply to replies to people's questions/comments).

As for the board, getting OT here, maybe when more and more people come back it will get a little more fun, at least the posts and threads are starting to build once again, so soon it may end up like before.

Nigel C
30th March 2008, 05:36 PM
Hey Ash,

It's probably more bluntness from frustration than negativity. I think Browneye covered it pretty well in the Admin and feedback thread.

In any case, I'll try to keep it a little more tactful.

Cheers

Mick M
30th March 2008, 10:27 PM
I think Ash is right Nigel. You do seem a little negative about your view of the world. I appreciate that the demands of your job can be high, but fair dinkum, lighten up pal. You're starting to sound like a busted record player set on a high rotation playlist :D

Grant Smith
30th March 2008, 10:39 PM
I think Ash is right Nigel. You do seem a little negative about your view of the world. I appreciate that the demands of your job can be high, but fair dinkum, lighten up pal. You're starting to sound like a busted record player set on a high rotation playlist :D

Mick,

It might have something to do with DST not finishing today as anticipated, and hence it has thrown Nige into a state of disaray :eek:

Nigel C
31st March 2008, 09:48 AM
I think Ash is right Nigel. You do seem a little negative about your view of the world. I appreciate that the demands of your job can be high, but fair dinkum, lighten up pal. You're starting to sound like a busted record player set on a high rotation playlist

Mick,

It might have something to do with DST not finishing today as anticipated, and hence it has thrown Nige into a state of disaray :eek:

Grant and Mick------> http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x82/Kiska2/fishing.gifhttp://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x82/Kiska2/nocom.gif <------Me

Grant Smith
31st March 2008, 09:53 AM
Such negativity Nigel...

Do you want a hug?

Brenden S
31st March 2008, 11:07 AM
Now you buggers are 3hrs in front now.....

Nigel C
31st March 2008, 11:34 AM
Such negativity Nigel...

Do you want a hug?

I'd prefer one from Mrs. Smith...;)

Grant Smith
31st March 2008, 12:57 PM
Nige,

No need to bring my mum into this.. Far from aviation related!

The nerve of some people...

As the great man once said "that is somebodies mother you're talking about..."

Grant Smith
31st March 2008, 12:59 PM
Now you buggers are 3hrs in front now.....

That's really nothing new Brenda, prior to you lot "trialling" DST you were 3hrs behind throughout the summer...

Nigel C
31st March 2008, 01:22 PM
It wasn't your mother I was talking about...;)

Grant Smith
31st March 2008, 01:24 PM
It wasn't your mother I was talking about...;)

Well then.. In that case... You'll have to check with Mrs Smith...