PDA

View Full Version : Reward cards

Michael Rychter
9th October 2008, 06:48 AM
Sorry if this is off topic.

Recently Amex advised changes to their Qantas Rewards cards after April next year. It would seem that maximising points for purchases is getting harder and harder.

Has anyone gone into the matter deeply enough to share their opinions as to the best rewarding (QF points) cards to use after April next year?

Ryan N
9th October 2008, 07:23 AM
Commonwealth Awards have changed their policy as well. From March next year, if you want to transfer points to Qantas, you will need to "opt-in" for this. It means all your Commonwealth Awards points will be automatically transferred to your Qantas FF account each month. You will not be able to redeem other products.

It's good for me because I don't redeem other things apart from Qantas FF points anyway.

Rich W
9th October 2008, 08:53 AM
I got an "entry level" Earth card (through Westpac). You get an Amex and a Mastercard but its linked to one account. If you use your Amex you get 1pt for every dollar and on your Mastercard you get 1pt for every 2 dollars. No points capping either.

It was good for only $45 annual fee but I see its now gone up to $75! They also have a gold and platinum version too which I think you may get more points.

Ryan N
9th October 2008, 11:24 AM
There is also a $10 annual fee on the CBA Awards to transfer points to Qantas.

Rhys Xanthis
9th October 2008, 02:11 PM
www.qantas.com/cards has some information about the changes etc.