PDA

View Full Version : High flying aircrafts over Yass NSW

Cliff Cook
26th October 2008, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone,

As I am staying in Yass for long while, so I can see high flying aircrafts above Yass, as I can see their contrails. Anyway, these aircrafts are flying over to Sydney, Brisbane and so on from Melbourne, Adeliade, Hobart or else. I know about this flightpath from Melbourne to Sydney for all my life but yesterday morning, I went to Goondah which is located 20 km south of Yass for my trainspotting, so I was very surprised to see other aircrafts flying over Goondah as you see below,

BA (747-400)
SIA (A380)
?? (777-300)
MA (747-400)
Emirates (777-300ER)

Also, there were Qantas (767-300) and Virgin Blue (737-800) but there were fewer aircrafts flying in long distance from area of Goondah.

May I ask you that Anthony J, Grahame H (ACARS) or anyone know about these flightpath over Canberra, Yass and Goondah. I must tell you that Goondah is very very small district with about 10 residents living there and it may not show up on map of NSW. I hope, it will interest you and I will look forward to hear any answers.:confused:

Regards from Cliff Cook :)

Anthony J
26th October 2008, 09:23 AM
Depending on jestream activity over the continent sometimes we do take a very southerly route arriving from southeast asia. You route over Adelaide then into Sydney via CULIN-RIVET.