PDA

View Full Version : Qantas A380 To London?

Tim Bowrey
30th March 2008, 09:26 PM
I have a question aimed at everyone because this is the question that will be on my mind till the day of my departure on December 2008.

Will the Qantas A380 fly to London in 08?

Im aware the 1st flight will be MEL-LAX(which is silly because i reckon SYD is the main base for QF so should fly SYD-LAX 1st in my oppinion as we have 2/3 a day, QF11,107 and sometimes 149)

I will be flying Qantas(Biz Class) to London and touring Europe late December through January 2009 and desprate to know what i will be flying. I would asume it would fly QF1 via BKK but i heard there was a new route SYD-HGK-LHR which it will fly. Any word on this?

Thanks,

Tim

Ash W
31st March 2008, 04:07 AM
I doubt they will have enough of them to fly to London this year, the US is clearly more improtant so may take a while (read profitable).

Andrew McLaughlin
31st March 2008, 05:43 AM
I doubt they will have enough of them to fly to London this year, the US is clearly more improtant so may take a while (read profitable).

Qantas is due to receive its first A380 in August, and four jets by the end of 08. They may make the London trip but will most likely be concentrated on the Pacific at first.

Alex Lui
31st March 2008, 05:54 AM
Melbourne is further to travel than Sydney when it comes to Los Angeles, hence the probable reason for Melbourne getting the first QF route. Distance and also cargo, not to mention it virtually has the monopoly on the direct route to LA (whereas Sydney has United).

What the other have mentioned would be the main reason why you aren't going to see the A380's in QF colours in Europe so soon. US is by far more important to Qantas so a bigger presence there is needed. I believe the B744 pulled from QF93/94 could be used for QF25/26 until the direct EZE service starts??

Alex.

Michael Morrison
31st March 2008, 06:10 AM
I wouldnt be surprised to see the A380 come onto SYD-LAX before MEL. I know QF announced MEL at first, but that was before V had even thought about flying ot LAX. Will be interesting to see.