PDA

View Full Version : Tiger's Tough Fight in the "Airline Jungle"

Lukas M
31st March 2008, 07:12 AM
It might seem that Tiger is going all good with cheap fares, and no more cancellations, but this airline has a few problems up its tail:(

http://business.theage.com.au/tigers-tough-fight-in-airlines-jungle/20080330-22hy.html

A had no idea that they were in such a bad position in terms of staff, the staff should be loyal to their airline, good to see that a Tiger management pilot gave Jetstar the thumbs down:D:D

Grant Smith
31st March 2008, 07:18 AM
the staff should be loyal to their airline

Please explain why Tiger employees should remain loyal to their airline if they're being offered something better by another airline?

Lukas M
31st March 2008, 07:25 AM
Please explain why Tiger employees should remain loyal to their airline if they're being offered something better by another airline?

Would you move to Jetstar:p Qantas yes, now that would be a good move:) But these employees should give this tiger a chance, and mabye they might get a payrise one day;)

Tiger do have some good Cabin Crew from what I have seen!

Grant Smith
31st March 2008, 07:31 AM
Hypothetically, if Jetstar were offering me better pay and better conditions to do exactly the same thing, I can't see what would be stopping me leaving Tiger...

Lukas M
31st March 2008, 07:33 AM
Hypothetically, if Jetstar were offering me better pay and better conditions to do exactly the same thing, I can't see what would be stopping me leaving Tiger...

To true, to true:D, but it would all depend on the work load etc, anyway good luck to them:D

Adam G
31st March 2008, 11:59 AM
If they offered a competitive package then their staff wouldn't leave, if you were aware of the terms & conditions their crew worked under then I'm sure you'd understand why they are jumping ship.

Andrew C
31st March 2008, 12:12 PM
The interesting thing to me is that JQ are not the lowest in the pay scales. From every thing else I have heard they were paying the least. Looks like to attract more people they need to pay more. Will this effect them?

Adam G
31st March 2008, 02:08 PM
I don't work for either however from the information I've seen, JQ terms & conditions are better then TT.

Note I say terms & conditions - it ain't all about money!