PDA

View Full Version : A380 cockpit

Nigel C
1st April 2008, 05:04 PM
Ever wondered what the A380 looked like up front?

See here:

http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

Rhys Xanthis
1st April 2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah this was posted a while ago before the other site crashed.

Its quite amazing...

Nigel C
1st April 2008, 05:34 PM
Oh well. We can't search for the other one, so I guess it's not such a bad thing it's here again!

Rhys Xanthis
1st April 2008, 05:37 PM
Oh well. We can't search for the other one, so I guess it's not such a bad thing it's here again!

Definetly not!

Its so awesome:p

I'd totally forgotten about it!

Will T
1st April 2008, 06:27 PM
Definitely a great panorama.

I had a poke around the A380 sim at work the other week (haven't had a fly yet, unfortunately), and one of the most interesting 'first impressions' of the flight deck is just how spacious it is. In any case, it's substantially roomier than the 744 flight deck, and seems wider than the 777 cockpit, too.

I'll be interested to see how the flight deck of QF's A380s is integrated with the cabin. I'm guessing there'll be a dedicated lavatory at the very least, and probably some sort of dual flight deck security door system. But I really haven't seen many details on it.

Mark Grima
2nd April 2008, 06:36 PM
'first impressions' of the flight deck is just how spacious it is.

Thats what I thought from the panorama actually. Also I couldn't really see where the land gear is? Is it some fancy button rather then the usual lever?

Cheers

M

Nick W.
2nd April 2008, 08:46 PM
Still the same old landing gear lever. You'll see a line of 4 green arrows on the LHS of the EICAS, then look directly below. It's a black lever, very small to that of the large pull-out ones boeing uses, so it is a bit hard to see! Same can be said for the flaps, which are consierable smaller in size than that of their boeing counterparts.

Hope that helps.

N