PDA

View Full Version : Respect! The "Thank the organisers" thread

Craig Murray
10th February 2009, 06:54 AM
Morning all,

Moving forward while looking back I'd like to send out my personal thanks to the crew of this forum and all others tasked with official duties over the weekend for hosting such a wonderful event.

Not much makes me miss Sydney these days but I do miss spending lazy afternoons wandering the fence line looking to take a shot or two with friends. I was only there for the day, but already I'm looking forward to the next time I'm allowed to cross the border back into NSW!

The highlights for me? Well I could list them all......... and I will

A.A. Aardvark
The BBQ lunch
Generous offers of transport for those who didn't have cars
Seeing ADS-B Radar work, live.
Heat Haze
Meeting many people I didn't previously know
Dinner at the Rowers (yummo!)
My complimentary AA mag and Calender courtesy of Andrew and his trusty assistant
Seeing and photographing TWO A380 movements!
The AFP coming "outside" to visit us, thanks guys.

Thanks again to everyone involved in making the weekend happen, your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated by all board users. I am already looking forward to the next one.

Congratulations guys!

Montague S
10th February 2009, 09:23 AM
big thanks to Amsy, Will, Browneye, Morrel and Chopper for their efforts, I ended up with food poisoning on Sunday night and spent most of the evening over a toilet bowl and was unable to attend the DOG dinner.

NickN
10th February 2009, 12:04 PM
This was my first spotting weekend and I am already itching to attend the next one. Thank you so much to everyone it was a great weekend, I had a really enjoyable time.

Thanks to everyone who put so much time and effort into the organization of the whole weekend, after seeing what was done and how smoothly it all worked I was left in awe.

One last thanks....

http://nicknavarro.smugmug.com/photos/469592250_6AbEg-M.jpg

.........to beer, for assisting with the weekends enjoyment and evening entertainment (shot taken at the rowers club of my frosty cold Carlton Draught!)

Look forward to seeing you guys around soon.:D

Raymond Rowe
10th February 2009, 01:42 PM
big thanks to Amsy, Will, Browneye, Morrel and Chopper for their efforts, I ended up with food poisoning on Sunday night and spent most of the evening over a toilet bowl and was unable to attend the DOG dinner.

Where did you eat on the sunday Monte.A big thank you to everyone it was another great weekend.

Beau Chenery
10th February 2009, 02:17 PM
Some ****house chinese place at Mascot. I got it too :(

Thanks to the crew again for the their efforts on organising what is always a sensational weekend.

Raymond Rowe
10th February 2009, 02:44 PM

Thanks to the crew again for the their efforts on organising what is always a sensational weekend.

Was not a chicken chilli roll was it.

Chris W
10th February 2009, 02:46 PM
Avoid Chinese in mascot. (not the chinese, I am sure they are nice, but the food)

Montague S
10th February 2009, 02:50 PM
Was not a chicken chilli roll was it.

you didn't end up with the same?

Andrew McLaughlin
10th February 2009, 03:17 PM
Avoid Chinese in mascot. (not the chinese, I am sure they are nice, but the food)

...especially after two straight days of 35C+ temperatures...:eek::eek::eek:

NickN
10th February 2009, 03:32 PM
On the other hand, the BBQ Chicken is spectacular in Mascot, run by tradional Greek family, awesome stuffing in the chicken and very nice tabouli.

Ian Knight
10th February 2009, 06:09 PM
Bad luck about the food poisoning fellas...

Amsy, Brown Eye, Chopper, Will and Morell - Job well done, thanks for another brilliant weekend!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2134/59/101/553219718/n553219718_1205027_4375.jpg

Montague S
10th February 2009, 06:21 PM
from one bum to another... :D great shot Knighty!

Annette Logan
10th February 2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks to all for making the spotting weekend a great weekend for all from up here in the Loagn house.

We have been coming down for quite sometime and always have a blast when we do and now that the girls are coming down they are having as much fun as us and I find it great how everyone includes them just as much as the rest of us.

thanks again can not wait till the next already.

Annette & all.

James K
10th February 2009, 11:40 PM

So names names please. We get food from Mascot all the time for dinner at work at the QF Centre. Never been ill from the chicken chilli rolls from Hong Ha.

Montague S
11th February 2009, 06:05 AM
not naming names at all, the NSW Health Department has been alerted and we will wait the results from them.

NickN
11th February 2009, 08:32 AM
Is that spot pictured above the radar Mound?

Lukas M
11th February 2009, 09:35 AM
So where abouts is the radar field?

Nigel C
11th February 2009, 09:40 AM
It is the Radar Field.

Kurt A
11th February 2009, 09:56 AM
So where abouts is the radar field?

Refer: http://www.yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=1481

Chris W
11th February 2009, 01:45 PM
So names names please. We get food from Mascot all the time for dinner at work at the QF Centre. Never been ill from the chicken chilli rolls from Hong Ha.

That is surprising. Hong Ha are not exactly renowned for their cleanliness. Strawberry Cakes Rules!

Nigel C
11th February 2009, 01:59 PM
Rainbow Chinese at Mascot isn't a place to inspire confidence either, but the food from there is generally ok.

NickN
11th February 2009, 02:26 PM
How did you guys find access to the radar field on the spotting weekend? I was thinking of going in there this weekend.

Raymond Rowe
11th February 2009, 03:07 PM
How did you guys find access to the radar field on the spotting weekend? I was thinking of going in there this weekend.

Number 1.:D.Easy as but we were checked out by security.

Grant Smith
11th February 2009, 03:46 PM
I ended up with food poisoning on Sunday night and spent most of the evening over a toilet bowl and was unable to attend the DOG dinner.

Too much beau-thai eh Mont..

:D

Beau Chenery
11th February 2009, 07:40 PM
You can never get enough thai-beau in you :)

Mick F
12th February 2009, 10:19 PM
Would just like to put forward my thanks and congrats to the organisers of the weekend's events. I didn't get to see much of it other than the Friday and Saturday evening's events, due to other commitments and seeing family, but it was very well organised and good to see everyone enjoying their hobby.

Good to meet a few new people as well. Was difficult to say g'day to everyone and have a good in depth conversation because of the number of people there, but none the less was good to see old friends and some new one's.

Cheers

Mick

Montague S
13th February 2009, 01:38 PM
seems another of the brethren went down with food poisoning, I wonder if the rowers is the place responsible? as this person hadn't eaten Chinese. :rolleyes:

Grant Smith
13th February 2009, 07:58 PM
Good to meet a few new people as well.

Flushy, somehow I don't think she's a member of this fine board ;)

Grant Smith
13th February 2009, 08:01 PM
Gents,

Perhaps a listing of all the worthy / not-so-worthy Award winners..

;)

Kurt A
13th February 2009, 08:35 PM
They will be coming soon granny. Seperate to this thread.

Rob Fluke
13th February 2009, 08:46 PM
Good to meet a few new people as well.Flushy, somehow I don't think she's a member of this fine board ;)

I don't know Granny, she would fit in with some of the people on here, as she was a bit weird :eek:, but I don't know if she likes Camping ;)

Raymond Rowe
14th February 2009, 01:01 PM
Gents,

Perhaps a listing of all the worthy / not-so-worthy Award winners..

;)

Grannie you only want to see your name in lights.

Grant Smith
14th February 2009, 09:05 PM
Grannie you only want to see your name in lights.

That's right Swaggy... Not once but twice ;)

Grant Smith
14th February 2009, 09:06 PM
I don't know Granny, she would fit in with some of the people on here, as she was a bit weird :eek:, but I don't know if she likes Camping ;)

I'm sure there would be a tent suitable for her ;)