PDA

View Full Version : US Airways - The Worst in The U.S.?

Simon L.
13th February 2009, 08:07 PM
Hi guys,

I came across a report about air traveler complaints against airlines in the U.S., the statistics indicate US Airways came out the worst for both 2008 and 2007. You can view the news report here (http://en.carnoc.com/list/9/9956.html).

Just want a few opinions on what fellow members think - is US Airways really that bad?

Cheers.

Jack B
14th February 2009, 06:15 PM
Hi guys,

I came across a report about air traveler complaints against airlines in the U.S., the statistics indicate US Airways came out the worst for both 2008 and 2007. You can view the news report here (http://en.carnoc.com/list/9/9956.html).

Just want a few opinions on what fellow members think - is US Airways really that bad?

Cheers.

probably not...

people are much more likely to go to the effort of leaving negative feedback than praise...

Sarah C
14th February 2009, 06:41 PM
And yet in 2008, they have the best on time performance of the major US carriers. But I agree with Jack - you are more likely to comment on a bad flight.

The old marketing saying - if you have a bad experience, you tell 10 of your friends. If you have a great experience, you are lucky if you hear about it.

Grant Smith
14th February 2009, 09:30 PM
US the worst in America? You having a laugh?

Flew them KPBI-KLGA in November and aside from getting the extra attention at TSA courtesy of a SSSS on my boarding pass, I had no issues with them whatsoever on the ground or in the air.

Al.B.SYD
15th February 2009, 06:43 AM
I've used US quite a bit since they joined Star and they're no better, no worse than your average U.S. Domestic carrier.

Admittedly, my flying has been mainly West (the old America West division) and I believe the East part of the new US (the old US) can be a different experience.

Any company that combines two airlines, two cultures and ends up with the vast majority of your new employee base from the carrier that was taken over, is going to have a bumpy ride for a while.

When all is said and done, there is no glamour, no prestige, no sense of journey when flying on any U.S. Domestic route with any of their carriers anymore. They're all as bad as one another, but having said that, I'd fly US over UA any day of the week.