PDA

View Full Version : Vrigin lets all IFBT's go

NickN
5th April 2008, 08:44 PM
From what I have read/heard Virgin Atlantic has let go of their entire group of In Flight Beaty Therapists. I feel sorry for all those people now with nowhere to go.

Grant Smith
5th April 2008, 09:19 PM
I feel sorry for all those people now with nowhere to go.

You're kidding aren't you? They're beauty therapists with Virgin Atlantic, so it would be fair to say they're far from ugly..

I'll let you do the maths...

NickN
6th April 2008, 07:50 PM
Ugly or otherwise, losing your job still isn't pleasant.

Supposedly this came out of the blue, the dragged all IFBT's off flights etc and scheduled a mass meeting.

What is silly is that there was a group of over 300 IFBT's in training to join the team! They got cut too.

Adam G
6th April 2008, 08:10 PM
What's silly is the meeting actually happens on this Tuesday & it's unknown whether they've actually been axed yet - at the moment it's all gossip!

They also don't have 300 in training (although I understand they have one course going through currently)- they actually only have around 300 total at their LHR base.

All the IFBT's are SEP trained so if they did terminate the program I guess it's possible they could be transferred to cabin crew.

David Ramsay
6th April 2008, 08:22 PM
What's silly is that they actually had IFBT's in the first place. :eek:

Adam P.
6th April 2008, 08:34 PM
Ahh finally a little bit of perspective, from the mostachioed bloke from across the Tasman.

Adrian B
6th April 2008, 09:53 PM
and what a dashing moustache it is

Kurt A
9th April 2008, 01:23 PM
Virgin considers end of massages

Virgin Atlantic is considering scrapping its in-flight manicures and massages for its Upper Class passengers. A survey carried out by Virgin Atlantic found take up of the in-flight beauty therapy service had declined, with the introduction of flatbed seats on trans-Atlantic flights meaning passengers are sleeping and taking less beauty treatments.
-tw