PDA

View Full Version : Man Jumps Out Of Moving AA Aircraft

Marty H
4th March 2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,25137335-5014090,00.html

Lucky the ******** wasnt sucked into an engine or run over.

David M
4th March 2009, 07:11 PM
Luckily the a/c had slides and he was able to slide down in comfort rather than dropping to the ground like a stone and being chopped up into little slivers by a turbo prop!

David.M.

Marty H
4th March 2009, 10:42 PM
Luckily the a/c had slides and he was able to slide down in comfort rather than dropping to the ground like a stone and being chopped up into little slivers by a turbo prop!

David.M.

Yeah I read that, media reporting at its very best:eek:

NickN
5th March 2009, 03:23 PM
Saw this little piece of journalistic gold on the Telegraph website......

A PASSENGER on board a passenger flight

A passenger on board a passenger flight! Say it aint so! :confused:

And the thumbnail image shows the BA 777 at heathrow with the slide open. Great work Telegraph.

Jack B
5th March 2009, 04:28 PM
Shouldn't a Flight Attendant have stopped him????

Theres usually at least one at every main door on an aircraft, and if it was a 737 there would have been 2 at the L1 door?

seems a bit odd to me...

Owen H
5th March 2009, 06:24 PM
You can try and stop someone, but if they are really intent on opening the door, in the timeframe you have you might not be able to.

Also, if a passenger runs forward and opens the door, there is no point risking your own life to stop him stepping out once it is open.

Jack B
5th March 2009, 06:40 PM
You can try and stop someone, but if they are really intent on opening the door, in the timeframe you have you might not be able to.

Also, if a passenger runs forward and opens the door, there is no point risking your own life to stop him stepping out once it is open.

yes, thats true

just all seems very strange

Owen H
11th March 2009, 07:02 PM
It is definately strange, but has happened more than once, don't worry! Usually in the US I might add.

Probably equally as strange was the Qantas flight delayed a few years ago because a naked man decided to jump a security fence, run across the apron, and climb into the wheel well while it was pushing back. Only in LA!

Daniel M
11th March 2009, 10:18 PM
Only in LA!

...and Sydney!