PDA

View Full Version : Pac Blue new Fiji flights... yes from ADL too!

Michael Morrison
19th March 2009, 04:22 PM
Pac Blue are starting 2 new flights

Adelaide to Fiji and Melbourne to Fiji.

Both flights are 2 x weekly and leave their Aussie bases at 9.05am. The departure from Nadi is late afternoon.

The Melbourne service sure beats Air Pacifics 11.30pm red eye departure!

Good to see them expanding their network and growing the international destinations out of Adelaide also.

Lets hope the punters support these flights to keep em going.

Anthony T
19th March 2009, 04:26 PM
From Virgin Blue

VIRGIN BLUE ANNOUNCES FIJI FLIGHT FRENZY
PACIFIC BLUE TO LAUNCH FLIGHTS FROM ADELAIDE AND MELBOURNE DIRECT TO FIJI
Thursday 19 March 2009: Pacific Blue Airlines is increasing its international route network, announcing plans to begin non-stop services between Adelaide and Fiji and also Melbourne and Fiji. The carrier will begin the flights from Thursday 4 June 2009 increasing its capacity in and out of Fiji by 25%.
It follows ongoing demand for the existing Pacific Blue connecting services via Sydney and Brisbane and is part of the airline’s strategy to serve markets which experience strong support from travellers.

Virgin Blue has today launched a special “Fiji Frenzy” $249 ADL-NAN, and $239 MEL-NAN* one-way Internet sale fare on both routes, which is available now until 2nd April 2009, for travel between 04 June 2009 and 25th June 2009, and 21 July to 31 August 2009 or until sold out.

Chief Executive, Brett Godfrey, said “We are very pleased to be committing aircraft to the Fiji market where we see continuing opportunities to stimulate the market with more direct flights and affordable fares. We welcome the chance to provide a further boost to tourism to a destination that has attracted consistent demand in terms of our existing services.”

The new non-stop flight will be a major boost for Fiji tourism as it will provide a brand new pool of potential visitors from Adelaide and will be the first time an airline will offer a direct service from South Australia to Fiji.

Brett Godfrey added, “The new service offers a more convenient non-stop flying option to Fiji for the people of Adelaide and Melbourne. As a South Pacific neighbour, Fiji is a highly attractive holiday option, in particular when people are looking to travel closer to home for short breaks, something we have seen a strong trend towards in recent months.”

For Adelaide, Fiji will be the second direct International destination on offer, following hot on the heels of the November launch of a direct twice weekly flight from Adelaide to Bali (Denpasar).

Brett Godfrey added, “The success of our Fiji services from Brisbane and Sydney has been a strong incentive for us to introduce additional non stop services. Our strategy dovetails with Tourism Fiji’s to target visitors from new source markets and offer non-stop flights and affordable fares combined with excellent accommodation deals to this beautiful country.”

For Melbourne travellers it means a convenient direct service with a travel friendly departure time from Melbourne of 9.05am and mid afternoon arrival in to Fiji in time to enjoy a sunset cocktail or round of golf.

ADELAIDE-FIJI DJ 105 depart 9:05am arrive 4:40pm Friday & Sunday from 5 June SALE FARES FROM $249* One way
MELBOURNE-FIJI DJ107 depart 9:05am arrive 3:50pm Thursday & Saturday from 4 June SALE FARES FROM $239* One way

Stefan Perkas
19th March 2009, 07:07 PM
Evening all,

Just a quick Question. Will the flight be operated by ZK- PB's or VH- PB's like the DPS flight.

lloyd fox
19th March 2009, 07:32 PM
Stefan i believe ZK registered aircraft.

Cheers Lloyd

Adam G
19th March 2009, 10:13 PM
The VH aircraft don't operate to NAN with VB crew, all the NAN services are operated by PB crew on their ZK or VH maintenance spare aircraft.

Andrew M
20th March 2009, 07:54 PM
They used to fly MEL-NAN but then pulled the flights due to low demand.

Hopefully they are supported this time

Simon L.
24th March 2009, 03:42 AM
Good news for Adelaide!

It has been great to enjoy the benefit of having non-stop flights between Adelaide and Bali, I only went to Bali once last year (on a 8-day trip), but currently planning at least 2 trips to Bali before year-end despite the economic downturn :rolleyes:.

Michael Morrison
27th March 2009, 10:33 AM
Some more new routes - MEL-DPS and SYD-DPS have been announced today

Marty H
27th March 2009, 10:59 AM
Some more new routes - MEL-DPS and SYD-DPS have been announced today

When do they commence?? Now puts pressure on DJ to turf out Aerocare and allow us to ground handle the Pac Blue flights out of MEL.

Steve Jones
27th March 2009, 11:16 AM
SYD-DPS is a long way for a 73H - 4620km according to great circle. Will they have to be weight restricted?

lloyd fox
27th March 2009, 11:59 AM
I believe ADL goes from 2 to 3 a week as well.

Lloyd

BradR
27th March 2009, 01:02 PM
I booked a MEL-NAN-MEL flight for my family in the September school holidays on Monday using Velocity points.

When speaking to the travel agent to organise accom, she said she was amazed the interest she had received regarding the new flights. I guess the price ($600 rtn) and friendly scheduling compared with Air Pacific/Qantas is leading to this interest.

Brad

Stefan Perkas
26th May 2009, 05:02 PM
G'day all,

Sorry to bring this topic back up. But as the new Nadi flights are commencing next week. I just wanted to ask if the rego block (VH- machine or ZK-Machines) for these flights, especially for the Adelaide flights. I know earlier in this thread I asked the same question but that was when the flights first came out, may not have been definate. But now it is close I just want to get a final clarifcation before they begin, just in case it is worth photgraphing especially if it the ZK- Block.

Radi K
27th May 2009, 02:00 AM
VH Rego's PB Tails.

VH-VUG goes into the paintshop in TSV on Sat night to change to PB livery.

Andre H
27th May 2009, 06:47 PM
SYD-DPS is a long way for a 73H - 4620km according to great circle. Will they have to be weight restricted?

Hi, I´m a new user from Berlin/Germany.
We ( Air Berlin ), had in 2007 also flights from MUC to RKT ( 4580km ) with our B737-800. Normally we have 186 seats all economy. On this flight Air Berlin created a economy plus class with free middle seats in the first ten rows. This is a restriction and the carrier can earn a lot of more money for those seats.
I think DJ will increase the premium economy class and that´s it.

Michael Morrison
27th May 2009, 07:18 PM
Welcome Andre...

Pacific Blue do a similar thing with their APW flight. They only sell 150 seats on those flights. I presume Bali would be the same.

The blocked middle seat idea however is a clever one!

Dan Hammond
27th May 2009, 08:35 PM
By blocked middle seat arent we pretty much talking DJ Premium economy type setup, just without the table in the middle? or am i getting then wrong idea

David McNeil
29th May 2009, 04:14 PM
Just put in some dates for the MEL-DPS sector and DPS-MEL in late October early November....

JQ:920
Pac Blue:870

Pac Blue is a little cheaper but its hard to go past the A330! :D

Michael Morrison
29th May 2009, 08:16 PM
VH Rego's PB Tails.

VOQ,VOX,VUM,VUN,VUQ,VUG are the ones currently in INT ops

Andre H
29th May 2009, 10:57 PM
Just put in some dates for the MEL-DPS sector and DPS-MEL in late October early November....

JQ:920
Pac Blue:870

Pac Blue is a little cheaper but its hard to go past the A330! :D

I´ve booked the Jetstar "take a friend for free offer" SYD-DPS 23NOV for just 130€ ( 229AUD ) :-) and I think also the A330 ist the better choice on a 6.00h flight

Michael Morrison
2nd June 2009, 11:37 AM
The direct ADL-NAN flights appear to be scrapped.

MEL flights also get a bit of a rejig....

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=122735