PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Question

Lukas M
7th April 2008, 04:54 PM
I have booked a flight next month, and have spelt the First and Second names around the wrong way around. I have tried getting through to the call centre:mad: but no luck.

Will Tiger care about a name around the wrong way:confused:

Really appreciate advice

Radi K
7th April 2008, 10:39 PM
Really appreciate advice

Switch off the computer for a day..:cool:

Montague S
7th April 2008, 11:34 PM
try during business hours?

Brenden S
8th April 2008, 02:01 AM
Just rock up, they can change it at the airport.

Justin L
8th April 2008, 09:11 AM
I have booked a flight next month, and have spelt the First and Second names around the wrong way around. I have tried getting through to the call centre:mad: but no luck.

Will Tiger care about a name around the wrong way:confused:

Really appreciate advice

Perhaps try ringing their Singapore number. I have needed to contact them in the past due to schedule changes and took nearly an hour on three occassions to get through to their Melbourne call centre, at various times of day and night. I have rung Singapore at night Sydney time and got through relatively quickly (I might have just been lucky though).

Hope this helps.

Brendan V
8th April 2008, 11:15 AM
The useless Melbourne number is directed through to the Singapore call centre. There is not a person in Melbourne you can talk to and it is not uncommon to spend hours trying to get through to someone in Singapore using the Melbourne number.

I'm sure once you do get through they will take delight in charging you for the change. :(

Adam P.
8th April 2008, 07:36 PM
How cynical are you Brendan!!!

David M
8th April 2008, 09:04 PM
I have seen on a few occasions that the name change will cost you some $$, however as long as you don't get some one at the checkin desk who upholds everything to the letter (pun intended), then you might be ok.
For peace of mind though, I'd try and at the very least contact them before the date of travel. I'd hate to rock up at the airport and have them deny checkin due to a speeling mustake!

Lukas M
16th April 2008, 05:08 PM
After weeks of trying to get through I managed to make it in, but the operator didn't understand me(the question), but after 3 times of explaining it, she just said to bring ID, and the Itinerary to make sure that they match, hopefully it goes all OK:)

Are those call opertors in MEL??, I dialled the MEL number but she sounded foreign??

Justin L
16th April 2008, 05:25 PM
After weeks of trying to get through I managed to make it in, but the operator didn't understand me(the question), but after 3 times of explaining it, she just said to bring ID, and the Itinerary to make sure that they match, hopefully it goes all OK:)

Are those call opertors in MEL??, I dialled the MEL number but she sounded foreign??

Have a look at Bredan V's post above and this should answer your question.

Michael Mak
16th April 2008, 05:25 PM

Probably in Singapore

The useless Melbourne number is directed through to the Singapore call centre. There is not a person in Melbourne you can talk to and it is not uncommon to spend hours trying to get through to someone in Singapore using the Melbourne number.