PDA

View Full Version : JQ and HNL

Lukas M
7th April 2008, 06:08 PM
Just reading on frequentflyer.com.au that JQ might not be continuing SYD-HNL from the end of 2008, start of 2009. Reasoning is light loads apparently throughout most of the year, except peak travel periods

Does anyone believe this, or might JQ just cut back to 2 or three weekly services:confused:

Andrew M
7th April 2008, 07:30 PM
Quite possible, the MEL-HNL flights didn't do well at all

SYD-HNL from what I know is doing OK, but mainly due to the sale fares only and not normal fares

All I hope is that on my flights in June, is that 2 seats are free in Starclass for an on-departure paid upgrade :D

Lukas M
7th April 2008, 07:37 PM
I Must say that the price is too high, Most people are paying the extra hundred or so and flying QF

Full Prices from:
JQ= $1318
QF= $1373

Who would want to stick with JQ then??, QANTAS are currently having a sale now thats cheaper than JQ

Tim C
7th April 2008, 07:53 PM
I Must say that the price is too high, Most people are paying the extra hundred or so and flying QF

Full Prices from:
JQ= $1318
QF= $1373

Who would want to stick with JQ then??, QANTAS are currently having a sale now thats cheaper than JQ

First up, I wouldnt take too much notice of whats on frequentflyer.com.au it seems to be a genital extension with everyones signatures bragging about QF Platinum, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Honors, Oneworld this, Vip that.

You wouldnt want to pay much more than $100 to fly QF on the route over JQ. Whats the benefit to fly QF on the route to you? The only difference is lowsy f/f points and a meal? Infact flying JQ you get personal entertainment options with the DVD players for the 10 hour sector and a newer aircraft. I flew the route a few months back on the ol 76'er and it was horrible and uncomfortable.

Cheers

Lukas M
7th April 2008, 08:05 PM
I agree that Frequentflyer.com.au is bad cause they banned me(I posted to much)!!

Who would stick with JQ, I would:p , Mainly because of new planes, same seats as QF and the like the colour orange:):)

Mark Grima
7th April 2008, 08:38 PM
I agree that Frequentflyer.com.au is bad cause they banned me(I posted to much)!!

Who would stick with JQ, I would:p , Mainly because of new planes, same seats as QF and the like the colour orange:):)

You're not doing to bad here either Lukas, over 120 in what, 3 weeks???

Cheers

M

Daniel M
7th April 2008, 10:12 PM

Cheers

M

I noticed...perhaps you can just stop and take a breath and not clog up the board so much?

Radi K
7th April 2008, 10:34 PM

School Holidays :cool:
:D

it should all be over soon..

Montague S
7th April 2008, 11:31 PM

Full Prices from:
JQ= $1318
QF= $1373

simple reason...because its a popular route they can do it and the public will buy the fares.

Andrew M
7th April 2008, 11:35 PM
Well all I know is that on my SYD-HNL flight 8 Star Class seats are showing as booked and the return 16.

Fingers crossed I get the paid upgrade on departures, but the HNL-SYD seems to be filling up fast :( There were only 10 seats booked last week :(

Grant Smith
8th April 2008, 12:37 AM

Hmmm... Maybe the Mods there are onto something...

James K
8th April 2008, 12:24 PM
I noticed...perhaps you can just stop and take a breath and not clog up the board so much?

Is there something in the board guidelines that limit the number of posts someone is allowed to make? :confused:

Michael Morrison
8th April 2008, 04:21 PM
I've done the route twice now and both times the flights were chockers. Once in August and the other was in January. Was lucky to get the last star class seat online.

I think that it is doing ok and from what I have seen, the periods the JQ flights are low are the same times the QF flights are low.

I would still expect this to be a route that QF leave once JQ have some 787's. The only reason QF are expanding 1 flight per week is to meet the supposed demand on AUS-HNL services as JQ dont have the aircraft to do that currently.

ff.com.au will always be anti JQ. I just think that in economy, I owuld rather fly JQ... why? Newer planes, better cabin crew service and better IFE.

Lukas M
8th April 2008, 04:30 PM
Does QF have IFE on the back of seats for International Flights, or just the projector screen??
Does anyone also have any idea when JQ release their schedules up to March 09(International routes)

Michael Morrison
8th April 2008, 04:35 PM
QF only have the projector screen on the 767's.

Also, I wouldnt worry to much about JQ and their schedules.... To my knowledge QF and JQ have only got scheds to the end of March 09 as the NS09 timetable has not been done yet.

It is just scaremongering from die hard JQ bashers

Andrew M
8th April 2008, 04:59 PM
Does QF have IFE on the back of seats for International Flights, or just the projector screen??

On the 744's and 743's Yes IFE on seat backs but not on any of the 767's which fly to HNL

Lukas M
9th April 2008, 04:11 PM
Jetstar's International schedules only go up to Jan 31 2009. Pretty sure that JQ will do some big changes to their International schedules like:
-Decrease Japan Services
-Decrease HNL services
-Increase Kuala Lumpur
-Increase to the land of Thai
-Increase Bali

I doubt any new routes or deleted routes, but Japan services will most likely be reduced from hearing about VERY low loads, and merging flights etc

Anyway, just my two cents, care to comment:confused:

Ben O
9th April 2008, 04:14 PM
Its not just Jetstar doing it tough in Japan. QF and JL are also suffering.

Jetstar services to Bali, KL, and Thailand are prett strong atm.

Rhys Xanthis
9th April 2008, 06:40 PM
How low are the loads JQ is experiencing on Japan services out of curiousity?

Adam G
9th April 2008, 08:24 PM
Remember it's not about loads, it's about yield. Full planes don't mean they are making profits on the flight.

Lukas M
10th April 2008, 10:00 AM
Listen to this:
They cancelled my friends flight to Japan, initially citing mechanical difficulties, until a techie let it slip to him that it was because the flight was empty. He complained to a Jetstar staff member and got put on a Qantas flight for the next day - he wasn't compensated for extra night in Sydney though

Was told by a Qf staff that there was only 22 people on board, now thats out of 303 seats

Montague S
10th April 2008, 10:36 AM
Its not just Jetstar doing it tough in Japan. QF and JL are also suffering.

Jetstar services to Bali, KL, and Thailand are prett strong atm.

Japanese travel to Australia has decreased over a number of years now...nothing new about that.