PDA

View Full Version : RBA suspend SYD

J Brown
8th April 2008, 03:01 AM
With effect 31st May, Royal Brunei will suspend its Sydney service, in BI's attempt to better streamline skeds, etc.

PVG is also being dropped from 26th April, as is DPS from 31st May.

Bruce Bramwell
8th April 2008, 09:56 AM
With effect 31st May, Royal Brunei will suspend its Sydney service, in BI's attempt to better streamline skeds, etc.

PVG is also being dropped from 26th April, as is DPS from 31st May.

From what I hear / know RBA are in a little bit of a bother with crewing / aircraft

Kurt A
8th April 2008, 02:06 PM
Syd axed, though Brisbane, Perth to get daily services

Regulatory restrictions and a lack of aircraft are the reasons behind Royal Brunei’s decision to cancel Sydney flights from May 31. An airline source said it was keen to retain services to Sydney, but the route was no longer feasible. “We can’t grow our frequencies so it’s just not feasible and we need to strengthen the rest of our fleet,” the source said. A lack of aircraft also played a part in the decision, the source said.

Royal Brunei will now increase services to Brisbane and Perth, with both destinations to get daily services from June 1. Royal Brunei currently operates six weekly flights from Brisbane using a Boeing 767. It also flies four services a week from Perth using a combination of the B767 and B777 aircraft.

Royal Brunei yesterday announced it will suspend Sydney and Bali flights from May 31.
All existing ticketed passengers will be offered either a full refund or a ticket on an alternate carrier.

-tw

Brenden S
8th April 2008, 04:05 PM
777 to Perth, thats news. Well perhaps if they changed there schedule instead of there aircraft sitting on the ground for a long time here in Perth I am sure they will get better utilisation out of there 767's

Montague S
8th April 2008, 05:42 PM
their 777 is in Singapore in all white...now that's news right there!

D Chan
8th April 2008, 09:41 PM
their 777 is in Singapore in all white...now that's news right there!

it's been a long time since I read from airliners.net or news came out that they would get the 2nd hand 777s, but I think that was already 6 months ago? it sure has taken them a long time to get them in service!

Montague S
8th April 2008, 10:26 PM
it's been a long time since I read from airliners.net or news came out that they would get the 2nd hand 777s, but I think that was already 6 months ago? it sure has taken them a long time to get them in service!

didn't read it on a.net...I saw it on take off from SIN-NRT sitting outside the cargo area...also spotted a rarity for Asia, Iberia A340 sitting not far from her.

J Brown
8th April 2008, 10:56 PM
Their 777 thats in full colours, positioned back from Dallas to Victorville a couple of weeks ago, so its not heading to BS Begawan any time fast.

The other 777 monty mentioned is N208UA. It arrived in Singapore months ago in full Varig colours, and only 3 or so months ago emerged from an hangar looking like quite horrible with all the paint scraped back and everything taped up. She's doing nothing more than taking up space at the moment.

And monty, the IB A340 arrived as Air Canada.

Talk about the office is the daily flights to PER will be a mix of a/c.

So, its now...FRA, DRW, SYD, DPS, PVG all dropped in 12months.