PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor Airlines

Paul McFarlane
8th April 2008, 10:22 AM
Greetings all,

For those that don't know (all happened between boards!) - O'Connor Airlines was bought as a whole by Adrian De Bruin who is the former owner of Auspine Ltd (which was purchased by Gunn's of Tas.)

From what I understand - and these plans seem to change now and then - the business is going in the following direction:

O'Connor Aero Maintenance - Is being relaunched and it is anticipated to be a bigger operation than previously.

O'Connor Travel Agency - Also continuing on. This and the maintenance side were both profitable sections of the business.

While the airline will not recommence RPT work (at least not in the short to medium term) - there seems to be plans to operate one of the J32's in a club seating charter capacity along with a Conquest.

The other Jetstream is apparently being sold.

There are a few other things in the pipeline, but it would be inappropriate to mention them here just yet.

From what I've been told - the aero maintenance side is set to bring many and varied aircraft to YMTG. Which will be very welcome at our sleepy aerodrome - Activity breeds activity!

Cheers

Paul M

Brenden S
8th April 2008, 04:08 PM
The conquest was grounded due to the AD affecting the aircraft, or are you thinking about the other Cessna they had.

Paul McFarlane
8th April 2008, 04:10 PM
No im thinking about another one they are about to (or already have) purchase... ;)

Paul McFarlane
14th May 2008, 10:52 AM
Just an update for those that are interested..

Latest rumour (from a close source) is that the De Bruin Group - who purchased O'Connor Airlines - have ordered a Cessna Citation for their new charter business.

I don't have details on new or second hand or even what type citation it is. I do know that there was one here for a demo flight on the Anzac day weekend, just didn't see it.

The Jetstream is in the midst of being refurbished to corporate charter work and the aero maintenance and travel agencies are back in full swing.

Would be great if anyone had info on the Citation that they could share...

Paul C.
15th May 2008, 11:48 PM
TasAir has a Jetstream 31, VH-SMQ. Maybe they should add the one that O'Connor is selling, who knows?

Paul McFarlane
19th May 2008, 05:53 PM
Out with the old and in with the new! The new look for O'Connor aeromaintenance and Travel O'Connor has arrived with a common repsonse from a lot of people... "Why have they changed their name to connor?" Don't think that 'O' stands out enough.

Also - in regards to the Citation - I am now hearing rumours to the contrary, so I guess we will wait and see...

Cheers

Bruce Bramwell
20th May 2008, 09:59 AM
nice image on the maintenance I must say