PDA

View Full Version : Rego requests

Nigel C
6th April 2009, 08:50 PM
Hey there Mods and Admins,

Is it possible to get a new sub-forum which deals only with rego requests?

I forgot to add a poll to see if it would be a popular idea amongst the forum users, so please reply with either

YES:D

or

NO:mad:

Brenden S
6th April 2009, 10:55 PM
With you on that one nige

Kurt A
7th April 2009, 12:57 AM
Hi Nigel,

There currently are some Forum considerations being rallied amongst the Admin Team. I shall report back in good time as to our decisions to further segment the Forum for ease of subject matter reading.

Cheers,

David M
7th April 2009, 07:04 PM
reply: :D

A friend of mine mentioned that this would be a great idea and I'd have to agree. The only issue is making a thousand sub area's for all sorts of thread topics like trip reports to name but one.

David.M.

Bernie P
7th April 2009, 08:14 PM
Agreed, but to put another 'slant' on it, what about a forum section simply put, REGO information?

Notwithstanding otherpeoples fine work, but every 'list' that comes through regarding regos that may or may not come into SYD could go into that. Sort of similar to Graham's ACARS Verbal 200* ?

Just my $0.02 worth!

Rhys Xanthis
7th April 2009, 08:52 PM
This is a good idea.

Can i suggest the mods do this, along with an identifier preceeding the thread title (on the same line) that shows if it is Rego visits or rego requests.

It goes something like this

[REQ]QF400 1/1/2010

[VIS]Corporate Movements Around Sydney - W/B 1/1/2010

My 2 cents as well!! :)

phil.l
7th April 2009, 10:10 PM
Not to much wrong with what we have got.

Gerard M
7th April 2009, 10:17 PM
I agree with Phil really. I think the corporate movements one seems to be doing ok where it is, and as for the rego requests, it hasn't really bothered me, although the only thing i would say is maybe have it as a "sticky" and all rego requests go there as on some days the spotting and movements section is just request after request...nothing wrong with that just a central sticky i think would do the trick.

My 2 cents too ;)

Cheers
Gerard

Nigel C
7th April 2009, 11:26 PM
Just request after request.....that's the reason I've proposed a separate sub-forum.:)

Gerard M
8th April 2009, 08:52 AM
I see your point Nigel, and a sub forum would be great, but i was thinking of where do you draw the line as a sub-forum could be used for heaps of topics that keep re-appearing. That's why i thought a sticky would be good. Just an idea mind you.

Nigel C
8th April 2009, 12:07 PM
That was part of the idea of starting this thread; generate some new ideas as well as putting forward my own proposal.

Nigel C
24th June 2009, 09:16 PM
Hey Mods,

Any update on whether rego requests can have their own sub-forum? I see they've become flavour of the month again.

Cheers

Brian Wilkes
25th June 2009, 03:16 PM
Agree its becoming ridicules at times!:mad:

Raymond Rowe
25th June 2009, 09:03 PM
It gets very annoying at times.

Kurt A
29th June 2009, 09:57 AM
The Admin Team has discussed that there really isn't a need to create a whole new Sub Division of the Forum simply for Aircraft Registration Requests at this stage.

What we suggest in the interim, is that for every new thread that is created requiring a registration for an aircraft, is that the poster clearly labels the new thread as "Rego Request" !

This will then keep the thread clearly identified as an Aircraft Registration Request thread, whereby giving those users who choose not read those particular threads, plenty of warning that it is actually a rego request thread; thus alleviating those users of the stress and pain of actually opening and reading it ;)

The Admin Team will do their best to keep an eye on those threads that appear as Rego Requests threads, whereby the title is a clear mis-match, and contrary to the request above.

At this stage there will be no required amendment to the Conditions of Use.

Thank you.

Please keep in mind that the 'Spotting and Movements' forum relates to any noteworthy or interesting civil and military movements (fixed and rotary wing), rumours, traffic, ad-hoc schedule variations, registrations, viewing locations, airshows and events, airport tours, comments, queries (Australian and international).