PDA

View Full Version : Convair580 Scenic Flight over Sydney!

Dan Collins
25th April 2009, 05:05 PM
Hi guys,

the Sydney Aviation Model Show and Pionair have teamed up to offer you a flight on one of their Convair580's!
This would be a flight of a lifetime and an opportunity not to be missed!

Pionair will do a 45min - 60min flight they would head south towards Wollongong, then head up towards Palm Cove (All coastal flying), with a circuit around the Harbour. They will also serve champagne and/or juice and Peanuts during this period.

The per person cost would be $145.00 provided all 43 seats are booked.
We can also do a flight if we get 30 people and the cost would be $210 per person.

Contact Danny Rizk for more info or check out the post here:
http://www.400scalehangar.net/forums/showthread.php?p=436355

Email: sydneyaviationmodelshow@live.com

I'm not sure of the date of the flight, however it will happen during the show, so either 9 or 10th May 2009.

Kind Regards!

Dan

Dan Collins
27th April 2009, 10:21 AM
Just an update...

Flight will occur on Sunday 10th May 2009, departing at 12:00pm.

Dan

phil.l
29th April 2009, 08:49 PM
Just a shame its mothers day.

Nigel C
29th April 2009, 08:54 PM
Take your mum!

phil.l
29th April 2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah right,don`t think so,hard enough to get her on a new plane.

Philip Argy
29th April 2009, 09:54 PM
Pionair will do a 45min - 60min flight they would head south towards Wollongong, then head up towards Palm Cove (All coastal flying), with a circuit around the Harbour.

Could that be Palm Beach, Dan? Palm Cove is about 20 km north of Cairns if I'm not mistaken, so it might take a little longer than 60 mins to do that trip!

Dan Collins
30th April 2009, 12:04 PM
Philip, quite possibly, and I think so. :)

I just copied from the original post from the other forum so my apologies there! I don't think the plane has the legs to do it, and certainly not in the time indicated!

Unfortunately I can't make this flight, but I hope that anyone goes aboard will have a great time. One of the Pionair Convair's flew over my house the other day inbound to Bankstown and it sounded and looked amazing.

Dan

Philip Argy
30th April 2009, 12:23 PM
No problem - I can think of more serious data entry errors: http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/investigation_reports/2009/AAIR/pdf/AO2009012_Prelim.pdf :eek:

Danny Rizk
3rd May 2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Guys, Im the organiser of the Sydney Aviation Model Show.
Just thought Id join up and introduce myself and give some extra info if needed.
To date we have 20 passengers on the convair but we really need to fill it (43 seats) to get the flight happening.
Hope we can get a few more keen on doing the flight!

Danny Rizk
4th May 2009, 09:38 PM
Hi guys, just a quick update.
We now have 24 seats booked with 19 left...
If interested please contact me!

Regards