PDA

View Full Version : Frankfurt transit question

Rory D.
4th May 2009, 09:27 PM
I'm sure there's somebody here with an answer ....

I've got a 5 hour connection in FRA where the inbound is to terminal 1 (Air Malta) and the departure is from terminal 2 (Etihad). Arriving at 6pm rules out the airside bus tour (!) so how else to spend the time? Should we just get to terminal 2 and all checked in then look for somewhere to dine, or is terminal 1 the place to stay?

Tim Bowrey
4th May 2009, 09:46 PM
Find a view of the runway:) Id be happy with that!

But depends how you roll.

Grant Smith
4th May 2009, 10:47 PM
5 hours in FRA :eek:

I had 2 x 90 min transits in FRA last year and could not wait to get back on the plane!

Quite possibly one of the worst airport experiences going around (IMO) - I found German customs authorities quite cold and unwelcoming.

Arriving at 6pm, I'd be making a bee-line for the nearest bar or the MH Golden Lounge (if you have status with EY or are travelling in JCL/FCL), not too sure what T2 has to offer as I've only transitted through T1.

Good luck :D

Andrew P
5th May 2009, 06:08 AM
is the adult shop still on the 1st floor?

Banjo

Matthew H
5th May 2009, 07:53 AM
There is the spotting deck near Maccas at Terminal Two.

Mick B
5th May 2009, 11:49 AM
Seems like a good opportunity to sample a few German beers if you ask me!!!

Rory D.
7th May 2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the tips!

Might have to go with the beer + stilnox

Matthew H
3rd July 2009, 09:14 PM
is the adult shop still on the 1st floor?

Banjo

There are actually two adult shops in Terminal 1. Have fun looking for them.

Also your arrival at 6pm rules out the spotting deck. Which has stricter security than the terminal security when flying out.

Mike W
5th July 2009, 08:06 AM
It's a pity you're only in Transit Rory and not abe to stay at least a day. A couple of years ago, my wife and I were off to a conference in Prague when we decided to go a couple of days early and went down to Sinsheim from Frankfurt to the Museum there for the day. (It took a couple of trains conecting through Heidleburg)

We got to see and go aboard a Concorde and the Russian Tupolev "Concordski" as well. Both on display with a bunch of other stuff Aviation and non Aviation. Well worth it for sure. :cool:

Rory D.
23rd August 2009, 09:00 PM
FWIW the dining area at the food hall (maccas) in Terminal 2 (above check in areas) has a good view to the runways, even at 8.30 pm. I presume the spotting deck is in front of the glass but there was nobody out there. In the end it's all about finding one of those sleeper chairs scattered around the terminal (but not at the gates).