PDA

View Full Version : London Heathrow

Peter H.
13th May 2009, 02:06 PM
I can book a good deal flight to London.Want to continue to Aberdeen, Scotland.

This will mean landing in London, completing immigration, collecting luggage and then proceeding from terminal 3 to 5

Anyone done this sort of thing.Is it recommended and how long do I need

With deal available no through connection possible

Thanks
Peter

Ash W
13th May 2009, 04:19 PM
as you are flying domestic you are correct you will need to collect your bags at 3 then go to 5. As you will be landside you will need to use the Heathrow express, which is free for that journey. (they have airside transfer buses but these would only be of use if you were leaving 5 on an international flight). They leave every 15 minutes. Be sure though to not get the Heathrow connect which goes to T4.

As for time, this is Heathrow, so I would leave 4 hours min. That would be made up of 30-60 mins holding/taxi delays, an hour for immigration baggage collection, 30 mins for train transfer and 90 mins check-in/security at T5.

Peter H.
14th May 2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks Ash.Very enlightening

Lee G
14th May 2009, 08:49 AM
Peter,

The airlines will not allow you to transit/transfer within the recommended minimum connection times. I can't quote what they are for LHR, but the simple rule is "If they won't book it then it's too short." You should be rebooked on to the next flight if the airlines misconnect you.