PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Tragedy

Andy C
13th April 2008, 11:08 AM
A WOMAN has died after falling from a stationary plane at Brisbane International Airport.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the woman was loading catering items onto a 747 when she fell about six metres onto the ground about 8.15am (AEST) today.

Paramedics attempted to save the woman but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Queensland Police are investigating the incident and are preparing a report for the coroner.

Very Sad

Marty H
13th April 2008, 11:16 AM
Very sad indeed, I guess we await more details on the incident before knowing fully how this has happened.

Rhys Xanthis
13th April 2008, 12:11 PM
I'll guess it was a Qantas 744?

Jamie D
13th April 2008, 12:27 PM
What a terrible thing to happen. How could this have happened, i thought the catering trucks were pretty much hard up against the plane, anyway how ever the circumstance my condolences go out to the friends and family of this person

Steve Leadenham
13th April 2008, 01:27 PM
The aircraft was to work QF175 to LA. My son is travelling on this service today and is delayed from 11.05 to at least 15.00 at this stage. Apparently an alternative aircraft is being sent up from Sydney.

Steve L

Brenden S
13th April 2008, 03:26 PM
How can something like that happen? Qantas is very safety first, and they have to wear a harness when they put the step from the truck to the aircraft, then there are 2 handrails. Perhaps could be a tad suss?

steve k
13th April 2008, 05:30 PM
my most sincere condolences to the family, friends and fellow work mates of this person tragically killed doing her job, such sad news.
As a catering truck driver-catering loader with Ansett-Gate Gourmet and now Alpha and having operated various types of high lifts and to quite a variety of aircraft types, its always been a personal fear of going "over the the safety rails" and although they meet requirements, I strongly feel the guard rails need to be a lot higher than they currently are. As a six footer myself, it would NOT take much for me to lose balance and easily go over> might bring about new safety rail height specs and mods done to current ones, to prevent this tragedy happening again. The trucks I drive have a number of safety features such as electric locking side doors that prevent persons inside from opening the door once the van body starts to lift from the chassis.
I guess this accident depends a lot on how old the high lift was, what safety features it has and indeed, not knowing the details of how this accident actually occured makes it impossible for me to make any further coments.
A sad day and can only hope that a full investigation takes place and safer practices are implemented asap. steve kicic "ALPHA ADELAIDE" hi-lift operator.

Matthew Chisholm
14th April 2008, 04:16 AM
Very sad indeed.

Steve S... 2
14th April 2008, 08:34 AM
Looks like she fell from VH-OJE.