PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar drops MEL to Ballina and SYD to Hervey Bay flights

Luke Chittock
12th June 2009, 03:39 PM
Howdy all

Effective 01AUG09, Jetstar will cease ops on the daily MEL-BNK-MEL and 4 p/w SYD-HVB-SYD routes.

Regards

Luke/PER

Gareth U
12th June 2009, 11:57 PM
With respect to MEL-BNK, that is a massive drop. Could they not make it work 3-5 days pw?

And it is a shame that Jetstar does not have a 100 seat aircraft it could use for SYD-HVB at a higher frequency, in my opinion.

Kain C
13th June 2009, 09:02 AM
This is also strange as the QLD domestic routes peak in Aug-Sep-Oct, right after these two services get canned? You would think that they would run through until the end of peak season, rather than cutting them off just before peak season starts! :confused:

Maybe JQ want to free up some aircraft to launch MEL-SYD or add additional AVV-SYD once TT start in July? ;)

Jarden S
16th June 2009, 11:29 AM
Its a shame jetstar are dropping out of more destinations. They also left Proserpine not long ago. Perhaps the 177 seat A320 is too big for many smaller centres too bad they have not got 100 seat equipment. Maybe Tiger will see these routes abandoned and take up the slack or even Virgin with their E190's they still got more to come from Brazil I think.

Jason Carruthers
16th June 2009, 06:41 PM
They also left Proserpine not long ago.

Where did you get this information from?

Jetstar still fly BNE-PPP daily all the way up to the start of NS10 schedule.

Jarden S
17th June 2009, 11:27 AM
I ment the mel-ppp route

Dave Parer
17th June 2009, 11:26 PM
Jetstar dropped Sydney-Proserpine, never flew Melbourne-Proserpine.

Virgin dropped their weekend Sydney-Proserpine and Melbourne-Proserpine.

Current schedules see both Virgin and Jetstar only operating daily Brisbane-Proserpine-Brisbane.