PDA

View Full Version : F/A-18 Flyby over Sydney today

damien b
2nd September 2009, 04:53 AM
For all the city workers

From news.com.au

Fighter jet set to soar through Sydney

A ROYAL Australian Air Force F/A-18 fighter jet will soar through Sydney skies today to commemorate all who served and died in the defence of Australia in 1942 and 1943.

The Battle for Australia Day is each year acknowledged on the first Wednesday in September.

It commemorates all actions taken in the Pacific Region to defend Australia against the Japanese military force.

An F/A-18 aircraft will zoom over Garden Island and Woolloomooloo, in Sydney's east, just after 11am (AEST) today.

Approaching from the east, it will then perform a maximum power vertical climb over the Cenotaph in Martin Place.

KrishnaM
2nd September 2009, 11:06 AM
Just flew by pitty i didnt have a camera as there was a awesome vapor trail off the wings...

flew over RBS tower and then vent verticle up over Aus Square

Kurt A
2nd September 2009, 11:16 AM
As was Shelley Street :)

Matt R
2nd September 2009, 03:19 PM
11:04am on webtrak (http://syd.webtrak-lochard.com/template/index.html), all the noise sensors went nuts :D

Shame I didn't get a better view of it from work. We saw it fly past, but lost it in the climb.

Stephen Brown
2nd September 2009, 03:34 PM
Yawn!!!!

Philip Argy
2nd September 2009, 04:11 PM
11:04am all the noise sensors went nuts

I was at North Sydney and it was heard as a loud roar inside our conference room, even though we couldn't see it. I can understand why it made quite an impression on the other side of the harbour!

Mario Facchini
3rd September 2009, 05:49 AM
I was walking through the Botanical Gardens.

Always love seeing a Jet fighter scream into a vertical climb !!!!!

Bernie P
3rd September 2009, 06:24 AM
I was walking through the Botanic Gardens no 'al' on the end of Botanic.

Always love seeing a Jet fighter scream into a vertical climb !!!!!

And what a lovely place to work in... Oh, I mean walk in!! :D

Were you in the Gardens proper, or out in the Domain? From my office, near the Cahill Expressway, I no doubt would have heard it but I was not at work yerterday...

Mario Facchini
3rd September 2009, 07:18 AM
And what a lovely place to work in... Oh, I mean walk in!! :D

Were you in the Gardens proper, or out in the Domain? From my office, near the Cahill Expressway, I no doubt would have heard it but I was not at work yerterday...

I was in the lower gardens, near the opera house gate.

I heard it befor i saw it.

I saw it just as it began the climb. it would have definatly sent a scare through residents and workers !