PDA

View Full Version : A different way to Doha...

Bernie P
2nd September 2009, 10:00 PM
It looks as though I am about to go for another interview/meet 'n' greet in Doha, departing Sydney 12 or 13 Sept. I have been asked to send across a couple of itineraries for approval, so I thought I would be inventive!

I did a J Class (which ended up being a combination of Y, Y then J) search with the following routing Sydney to Hong Kong to Cairo to Doha return. This was with Egyptian Air and was cheap enough at just a tad over $3.5k. I then did a Y+, and my old age is creeping up as I can't remember the carrier, but it came in at over $10k!!!

Other options I am thinking of is EK via Dubai, which I did originally in Feb. So, what's your thoughts... Do I do the EK or go the long way around on a different and NEW carrier for me... Thoughts or suggestions are welcomed, and I have both QF & EK FF programs (and SK Eurobonus as well..) so all bases are covered!

Scott S
3rd September 2009, 09:11 PM
Hi Bernie, how about SYD-PVG-DOH, QF+QR?

Johnathon Neilsen
10th September 2009, 08:54 PM
Personally I would go with EK just for the service......it maybe quicker to direct SYD-DXB then a 47 minute hop in an A340-300 to Doha....:)

Bernie P
10th September 2009, 11:34 PM
I actually booked it last night...

EK 413/412 return to Dubai (A380) and EK 841/848 (A332... 848 is a 3.45AM YUK! but I had this in Feb, so I am use to it now...).

PLUS, I got Hotel accomodation in Doha x 6 night, hotel/airport transfers AND an Inland Sea Desert Adventure. All up, was just a tad UNDER $3k, so I (and my prospective employer in Doha) are very happy with that!

I leave on Sunday, so if there is any chance on getting the rego of the inbound aircraft, that would be apreciated!!! :p

NickN
11th September 2009, 08:51 AM
Bernie that seems very cheap and a great deal. I am envious of your Inland Sea Desert Adventure be sure to send us lots of photos!

Bernie P
11th September 2009, 11:43 AM
Oh don't worry Nick, I will be taking HEAPS of photos... :D :p They will all be in my flickr account, link below, but I will do a TR for the trip when I get back (and finish the rest of my last trip last month from Madrid > London & London > Singapore > Sydney... It is almost finished, but have been busy!

HERE (http://www.gulf-adventures.com/safaris.htm) is the Safari I am booked on, it is the middle one (Inland Sea Safari ).. Nice way to 'intice' someone to come and work in the country, NO?

Greg McDonald
11th September 2009, 01:25 PM
Geez Bernie...rough for some:rolleyes:

Bernie P
11th September 2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah Greg, it is... But this is the second trip to Doha for the position...

But I will take one for the team, and go (again... :rolleyes:) and do the Safari...!

Bernie P
18th September 2009, 08:15 PM
Saw this whilst shopping today before heading home (3.45am flight, :eek: ) in about 15 hours...

AND, it was only 25QR (C. $7.88 (http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=25&From=QAR&To=AUD&image.x=0&image.y=0)) XE.com

Mark Grima
19th September 2009, 11:41 AM
Thats probably why it was only 8 bucks! Too funny!!!