PDA

View Full Version : Oasis to Australia?

Anthony T
19th March 2008, 05:45 PM
Hi

Recieved a newsletter from Oasis in the email today which states the following :

We have taken delivery of our fifth aircraft, a Boeing 747-400. Our ongoing fleet expansion will continue to further strengthen our commitment to making high quality flight services accessible to more people. The aircraft, goes into service in July and will join the fleet in flying on existing routes of daily non-stop between Hong Kong and London Gatwick and 6 times weekly between Hong Kong and Vancouver.

PLUS very soon we will have an announcement to share with you about some really exciting new destinations – to new continents – so stay tuned to oasishongkong.com for all the latest information!

If the are adding new continents that doesn't leave too many that would be attractive to them, as they already serve Europe, North America & Asia.

Can't see them starting service to South America or Antartica, possibly South Africa?

regards
Anthony

Lukas M
19th March 2008, 05:55 PM
Guessing MEL, after reading something from "Travel Today", also is it a new 747, or just leased:mad:

lloyd fox
19th March 2008, 07:28 PM
Sydney, then Melbourne around September i read on travel weekly last week.

Brenden S
20th March 2008, 12:58 AM
Bring on SYD/MEL - PER -JNB flights

Montague S
20th March 2008, 07:48 AM
Brenden, why on earth would a HK based carrier fly SYD-MEL-PER-JNB? :confused:

Radi K
20th March 2008, 08:17 AM
I have heard AKL may be on the radar soon too?

Alex Lui
20th March 2008, 08:22 AM
Flights are scheduled to be Hong KOng - Sydey - Melbourne - Hong Kong from what I have seen (on the HK forum). They are also due to start Dusseldorf / Manchester as well.

It also says there that they aren't in the healthiest of shapes. These new flights may not eventuate because of it. But we'll see.

Oasis Hong Kong I'm pretty sure won't be ordering a new batch of 744's since they would have to order the 748i as the 744 / 74F's last slots were bought by Cathay Cargo. If they wanted new 744's they'd have to order the 748i.

Alex.

Morris Biondi
20th March 2008, 10:20 AM
Alex,

I believe you are right from what I hear the services to Sydney will start given they are still around and they are in better shape as they are in a bit of trouble.

Morris

Tom PER
21st March 2008, 05:23 PM
It should be B-LFE ex ANA JA403A.

That was the 3rd and final one they had purchased from ANA so it'll be interesting to see where they source their next B744 from for this planned expansion.

James Herbert
21st March 2008, 06:02 PM
It should be B-LFE ex ANA JA403A.

That was the 3rd and final one they had purchased from ANA so it'll be interesting to see where they source their next B744 from for this planned expansion.

I'm sure SQ are looking at moving 1 or 2 744's in the nearish future.

Raymond Rowe
21st March 2008, 07:03 PM
Be great to see a new carrier here in Melbourne.something new to chase.Will it be daily.

Alex Lui
10th April 2008, 06:38 AM
You won't need to worry about Oasis coming to Australia now.

As of this morning their flights were all grounded, liquidators have been called in.

Alex.

NickN
10th April 2008, 10:21 AM
HONG KONG (AFP) — The chief executive of Hong Kong-based budget airline Oasis, Steven Miller, said Wednesday that the carrier had gone into liquidation.

"It is with great regret that Oasis Hong Kong Airlines has today voluntarily applied to the Hong Kong courts to appoint a liquidator," Miller told a press conference.

Earlier, the Hong Kong Economic Times reported a "rumour" that the company was struggling under debts of up to one billion Hong Kong dollars (128 million US) and would cease flying from Wednesday.

Bruce Bramwell
10th April 2008, 10:38 AM
Bring on SYD/MEL - PER -JNB flights

Why would they operate that?