PDA

View Full Version : New airline design seats passengers face-to-face

Greg McDonald
17th September 2009, 01:20 PM
OMG..I hope this doesn't happen but I bet the likes of Easyjet will jump at it...

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,26080969-5014090,00.html

Ryan Hothersall
17th September 2009, 07:39 PM
Sounds like that stand up idea from a Chinese airline, an idea not many will like.

James Smith
18th September 2009, 10:48 PM
The picture looks like the inside of a long Shorts 360. The "window" seats have no back so they must be the super economy seats. That's one way to solve the reclining seat back in your face scenario!

Are they luggage bins near the roof or do passangers have to put their carry on luggage on their laps?

Faster boarding! Sit a few passengers in their seats in that configuration and there is no way anyone could navigate their way down the aisle. Try it on the three seaters that face each other on the train and that is only up to six sets of legs! Is it April Fools Day?

Next thing on offer is to open the door when overflying your destination and you can parachute to your house. I hope the parachutes work a bit better than the digi-players!

Mark Grima
19th September 2009, 11:37 AM
“Sure the passenger can choose a flight facing forward in a traditional seating position, but he or she will have to pay more for the luxury."

Sorry, but sitting facing forward is not a luxury.

This idea will never take-off. Pun intended.

Cheers

M