PDA

View Full Version : Narita to Heathrow...what options are available?

Matthew Horne
12th October 2009, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Im going on a holiday next year and need some advice on flying from Narita to Heathrow.

Does anyone have any advice on which airlines operate on this route and any feedback on which are the better airlines (including which aircraft type) to fly on for this route?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Matt

Brendon I.
12th October 2009, 01:43 PM
JAL, ANA, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic...

I flew Narita - Berlin via Heathrow about 10 years ago. Was pretty good. Spent some time up the front with the pilots while flying somewhere over Russia. They were very friendly and quite chatty. It's a shame it's not possible anymore. Have also flown JAL & ANA who are also very good. Never flown Virgin Atlantic so I can't comment.

Justin L
12th October 2009, 01:49 PM
I flew with ANA on the LHR-NRT route in 2003. I was very impressed with ANA's long haul service and would recommend them.

Steve Jones
12th October 2009, 02:06 PM
Virgin Atlantic is also good - fantastic IFE, heads above the other 3, if that matters much to you.

Rich W
12th October 2009, 02:11 PM
Flew JAL in 2003. If you are going SYD - NRT - LHR in one go, they put you up in a hotel overnight free for the connecting flight the next morning. You may have to check if thats still the case.

No complaints with JAL, the Japanese go out their way for good service.

Sarmad Al-Khozaie
13th October 2009, 01:25 PM
Virgin Atlantic is horrible to fly with, I was disappointed with there service on VS9 and 10.

Never again!

Zac M
13th October 2009, 03:07 PM
I flew on JAL on JO771 last week and I wasn't very impressed with the service at all.

Montague S
16th October 2009, 06:50 AM
thought about Asiana via Seoul? JAL and ANA longhaul are as good as each other.