PDA

View Full Version : Just another "sorry" sale

Lukas M
24th April 2008, 04:18 PM
As a JetMail member you get access to exclusive members-only special offers. We want to give you advanced warning that the next offer is coming to your inbox very soon.

And it's going to be a big one!

So keep an eye on your inbox for an offer that's so hot we simply can't reveal it yet.

And if your family and friends want to be part of the action - invite them to sign up for JetMail now so they don't miss out!

God Help us:eek::eek:

Anyway lets hope a decent International Sale, Bit over the Domestic sales:cool:

Greg F
24th April 2008, 05:17 PM
Another 'Sorry' sale?:confused::confused:

<Comments Removed> Due to a misunderstanding with first post, Sorry Lucas....

Lukas M
24th April 2008, 05:23 PM
OMG go away:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mick F
24th April 2008, 05:51 PM
Can you?

Michael Morrison
24th April 2008, 06:05 PM
What is sorry about this sale???

Lukas M
24th April 2008, 06:19 PM
UM, mabye everytime you access a Jetstar sale you get "Sorry, we having a few problems with our Site etc", and its says this for every "Jetmail" exclusive sail, getting the drift...:D

Grant Smith
24th April 2008, 06:25 PM
Can you?

C'mon Mick, that'd be about as likely as getting access to JQ's website during sale time...

;)

Andrew M
24th April 2008, 06:42 PM
So if the website crashes just call up and they will book the tickets on the phone with no extra fees.

Michael Morrison
24th April 2008, 07:53 PM
I got $1 tickets to the gold Coast in the last sale, so I wasn't sorry - quite the opposite.

:D

Andrew McLaughlin
24th April 2008, 08:07 PM
UM, mabye everytime you access a Jetstar sale you get "Sorry, we having a few problems with our Site etc", and its says this for every "Jetmail" exclusive sail, getting the drift...:D

Lukas, perhaps if you'd explained yourself a little clearer in the first post, you wouldn't be fending off crap from all sides! :rolleyes:

Greg F
24th April 2008, 08:14 PM
Lucas, Now that you have slightly elaborated I now know what you mean by a 'sorry sale' :)

I take back what i said and have removed my initial comment out of respect, due to lack of information provided in your first post

Greg

Lukas M
24th April 2008, 08:44 PM
Lukas, perhaps if you'd explained yourself a little clearer in the first post, you wouldn't be fending off crap from all sides! :rolleyes:
After posting the same thread on numerous other forums, they seemed to understand on my first post

Greg F
24th April 2008, 09:07 PM
Lukas (I spelt your name right this time!)
Some people here myself included were confused and didn't get the drift of the thread, 'however' we now understand what you meant/mean....

Lets hope its a bit easier to get tickets in this sale..
I wish they would break it up and have half of the JetMail customers 'try' and get tickets between say 6-7 pm and the rest 7-8 with different links. maybe so it wasn't such a massive hit at once?!?!

Any other ideas or suggestions people? :confused:

And i don't think getting more bandwidth etc on JQ.com will help, nothing can cope with such a massive 'hit' at once

Michael Mak
24th April 2008, 09:16 PM
A bigger variety of flights would be great too - SYD-OOL/AVV are getting boring.

Andrew McLaughlin
24th April 2008, 09:22 PM
After posting the same thread on numerous other forums, they seemed to understand on my first post

Perhaps that's more a reflection of the quality of the other forums? :cool:

Greg McDonald
24th April 2008, 10:10 PM
So if the website crashes just call up and they will book the tickets on the phone with no extra fees.

Not so. I've tried that for the last 2 sales and they flatly refuse.

Michael Mak
24th April 2008, 11:49 PM
Not so. I've tried that for the last 2 sales and they flatly refuse.
Same here, all they said was the website is the only way to go :(

NickN
25th April 2008, 07:30 AM
They make sure their website crashes then refuse to take those bookings by phone. That way they only sell a really small number of $1 tickets and the rest can still be sold at normal prices. Great way of having a sale and not really selling all the allocated $1 flights.

Grant Smith
25th April 2008, 10:55 AM
And yet despite all the bitching and moaning you will continue to try and get the sale fare everytime just on the off chance you will get through...

Such is life...

Daniel F
25th April 2008, 10:56 AM
That way they only sell a really small number of $1 tickets and the rest can still be sold at normal prices.

Do you have any proof? If the website has crashed, how do they sell the normal price tickets? Those people wanting $1 airfares aren't going to just come back and pay for normal priced tickets... especially after feeling ripped off for missing out on $1 airfares!

Andrew P
25th April 2008, 11:12 AM
i got 4 *$72 return tickets SYD-OOL on JQ in their last fare sale Titans Kick off sale

also have got on their PHK & KUL inaugural flights at dirt cheap prices

just have to get in early

Banjo

Andrew M
25th April 2008, 11:28 AM
Same here, all they said was the website is the only way to go :(

Interesting! I have managed to do during the last overseas sale, got some very cheap SYD-HNL-SYD tickets

Kain C
25th April 2008, 03:37 PM
I wish they would break it up and have half of the JetMail customers 'try' and get tickets between say 6-7 pm and the rest 7-8 with different links. maybe so it wasn't such a massive hit at once?!?!

Any other ideas or suggestions people?

The other option would be to sell specific routes in specific intervals, e.g. SYD-OOL from 6-6:30pm, SYD-HBA from 6:30-7pm, MEL-AVV 7:30-8pm etc.

But your suggestion should be easy to implement - you could even register your home state (e.g. WA or TAS) and give each state a 1 hour block. This would fit naturally with the time zones of each state so that you don't have to log on at 2 in the morning to get your fare!

Greg W.
27th April 2008, 05:41 PM
Interesting! I have managed to do during the last overseas sale, got some very cheap SYD-HNL-SYD tickets

When I called 131538 during a recent domestic sale, I got a recording saying to call back later. A few times I actually got an engaged signal :eek:

Hopefully this time will be a first insofar as actually being able to book a ticket.

Andrew P
29th April 2008, 04:18 PM
24,000 $4 tickets go on sale at 8.00pm tonight to celebrate JQ 4th birthday

flying Feb & March 2009

only open for 2 hours,

see if the site crashes

Banjo

Michael Mak
29th April 2008, 04:58 PM
And the link for the sales - http://www.jetstar.com/4th-birthday/sale.html
In case the email never arrived.

Rhys Xanthis
29th April 2008, 06:49 PM
Chances of their being any seats from Perth..close to if not zero

:(

Michael Mak
29th April 2008, 07:06 PM
Chances of their being any seats from Perth..close to if not zero

:(

It's zero. The sale cover all states except for NT and WA :(
This fantastic 4th birthday fare will be for travel on a range of domestic routes from VIC, NSW, QLD, SA and TAS on selected off-peak flights between 03 February and 28 March 2009.

Rhys Xanthis
29th April 2008, 07:14 PM
bah asshats:p

Nicholas Togias
29th April 2008, 07:54 PM
lets try book a a320 all to ourselves :D $4 sales rock!!

Greg F
29th April 2008, 08:05 PM
anyone had any luck?

i'm getting errors!!..... sorry!

Michael Mak
29th April 2008, 08:12 PM
The sales opened 8 minutes late and once I got through:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) PHP/5.1.6 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8b Server at jetstar.com Port 443

or

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

SYD-OOL/AVV as usual, why am I not surprised at this?

List of flights:
Brisbane - Cairns $4
Brisbane - Newcastle $4
Brisbane - Rockhampton $4
Melbourne (Avalon) - Adelaide $4
Melbourne (Avalon) - Sydney $4
Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Hobart $4
Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Launceston $4
Melbourne (Tullamarine) - Newcastle $4
Sydney - Gold Coast $4

David Wallace
29th April 2008, 08:12 PM
Is anyone getting onto there website?
I can't even get there site to open!!!

Greg F
29th April 2008, 08:22 PM
it tries, but then dies....

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) PHP/5.1.6 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8b Server at jetstar.com Port 443

Greg F
29th April 2008, 08:29 PM
Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Greg F
29th April 2008, 08:30 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Other Possible Messages???????????

I think JQ really need to 're-think' these sales!
And adopt a more user friendly way...
Break it up so there isn't thousands of people trying each second pressing F5 F5 F5 F5

Montague S
29th April 2008, 08:34 PM
I'd probably blow my load all over the room if Jettart ever offered a sale fare like this from Perth...once again, all eastern seaboard! :rolleyes:

Greg McDonald
29th April 2008, 08:36 PM
At least I'm getting a different message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Complete waste of time...both the airline AND their sales!!

Montague S
29th April 2008, 08:39 PM
here's the reply after the sec certificate...

Sorry!

Thanks for your search.

Our current sale is proving incredibly popular and our website is experiencing very high levels of demand right now.

We're working as hard as we can to help you find the fare you want.

In the meantime please try one of the following, as it may help you find what you're looking for:

If you've arrived here via the 24,000 Seats For $4 Sale JetMail, simply return to the JetMail and click the Book button.

Or

If you've arrived here and are not looking for the current sale specials, simply return to Jetstar.com to continue searching for flights.

Thanks for choosing Jetstar!

Greg F
29th April 2008, 08:39 PM
Greg,

Yeah I get that when i type jetstar.com in IE
but not in FireFox... I get these stupid MegaClicks Invalid DNS or Something in FireFox tho!! Grrrrrrr!

Greg, Hehehe Greg2Greg... sorry after seeing 41 mins of nothing but errors i thought Greg replying to Greg was funny

Lukas M
29th April 2008, 08:42 PM
HA, looks like it was a "sorry" sale, anyway usually takes about an Hour (9pm) for Jetstar to fix themselves up

mmm they just havn't learnt have they:mad::mad:

Grant Smith
29th April 2008, 08:42 PM
And yet despite all the bitching and moaning you will continue to try and get the sale fare everytime just on the off chance you will get through...

Such is life...

I rest my case your honour...

:rolleyes:

Lukas M
29th April 2008, 08:45 PM
Dosn't the "Big" sale usually follow the day after???

Greg McDonald
29th April 2008, 08:46 PM
hehehe!!

Greg McDonald
29th April 2008, 08:48 PM
Greg,

Yeah I get that when i type jetstar.com in IE
but not in FireFox... I get these stupid MegaClicks Invalid DNS or Something in FireFox tho!! Grrrrrrr!

Greg, Hehehe Greg2Greg... sorry after seeing 41 mins of nothing but errors i thought Greg replying to Greg was funny

LMFAO :D:D

Greg McDonald
29th April 2008, 08:49 PM
I rest my case your honour...

How true it is!! Beating one's head against a brick wall is fun!!

Michael Mak
29th April 2008, 08:49 PM
At least I'm getting a different message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Complete waste of time...both the airline AND their sales!!
Yep I got this error too, something to do with their redirect links.

Greg F
29th April 2008, 08:53 PM
I am up to selecting flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY
now just WAITING for the next screen to CRASH!:rolleyes:

AND ITS CRASHED! 'PROXY' something!!!!!!

Greg McDonald
29th April 2008, 09:26 PM
I still can't get past the initial bloody message!!

Lukas M
29th April 2008, 09:31 PM
This is the Jetstar's worst attempt at these sales, agree??? Anyway as it redirects immediately, I doubt any bookings have been made, which includes general jetstar bookings made

Grant Smith
29th April 2008, 09:32 PM
Why is it?

Because you can't get through?

FFS... Why bother...

Nicholas Togias
29th April 2008, 09:33 PM
I was trying all night, no luck. last sale they had i tried for the whole one hour and still had no joy, has anyone here ever gotten through?

Peter JB
29th April 2008, 09:34 PM
I got on OK, selected a Melbourne - Sydney flight for March but it would not let me get to the flight selection page. Just sat there - looks like I got further than most. :o

Lukas M
29th April 2008, 09:34 PM
Why is it?

Because you can't get through?

FFS... Why bother...

When you want to books flights in that month anyway, to those destinations, why not save yourself some $$$$$$(which is very precious to us students)

Greg McDonald
29th April 2008, 09:35 PM
FFS... Why bother...

Because theres f*** all on TV tonight so I might as well do something....

Grant Smith
29th April 2008, 09:37 PM
And yet you bitch and moan and cry because you can't get through, probably knowing full well from the beginning that this would happen... You can't but help yourself but have a go, and then bitch and moan and cry when you can't get through...

Save yourself the ****ing trouble and book a flight on QF or DJ.. Student or not... The difference is not going to be that great...

Grant Smith
29th April 2008, 09:37 PM

Finally... A truthful answer!

Cheers Greg

:D

Adam Stone
29th April 2008, 09:38 PM

Funniest thing l've seen all night:D

Lukas M
29th April 2008, 09:40 PM
OH MY GOD I got a ticket for AVV-SYD-AVV. Paying by direct deposit is a help

David Wallace
29th April 2008, 10:00 PM
Congrats Lukas......I still can't get the page to even open

Adam Stone
29th April 2008, 10:07 PM
Oh well back to looking at ****:eek:

Michael Mak
29th April 2008, 10:41 PM
OH MY GOD I got a ticket for AVV-SYD-AVV. Paying by direct deposit is a help

Sounds like you are the only one here.

I didn't bother too much, gave up after the first 10 minutes or so. The sales are getting boring, the same places over and over again.

Definitely worth saving up and go on DJ/QF to different places other than OOL/AVV.

Greg F
30th April 2008, 07:47 AM
I just want them to have a decent all round sale, instead of these gimmick 1c 4c $1 etc... sales!!!

Ive tried each one and failed with them all.
What I think is unfair is that I got to the stage of selecting my flights...
Ticked i agree to T&C's then BOOK! then it crashes and im back to the BUSY screen.......

Once you get to the stage of selecting flights you should be safe! and be able to continue :)

Andrew M
30th April 2008, 10:03 AM
Save yourself the ****ing trouble and book a flight on QF or DJ.. Student or not... The difference is not going to be that great...

Ummmm $4 versus a few hundred dollars ? :rolleyes:

Montague S
30th April 2008, 11:51 AM
Ummmm $4 versus a few hundred dollars ? :rolleyes:

ummm....if you can get it! that's the point!

Andrew M
30th April 2008, 12:53 PM
Well it was a silly sale as it was only open for 2 hours, meaning the chances of the website crashing was high!

A longer running but not as cheap sale is a better idea

Mick F
30th April 2008, 01:31 PM
Lukas, how do you know that you need to travel in that month?? It's 10 months away. If you're a poor student then why go travelling? Your airfares might be cheap, but the rest won't be.

It's a shame the Department of Fair Trading doesn't do a bit of looking into these sorts of sales that Jetstar have, and see how many seats are actually sold vs what is advertised and see how these website crashes are basically denying the majority of the public the right to purchase these fares.

Mick

Greg McDonald
30th April 2008, 01:38 PM
It's a shame the Department of Fair Trading doesn't do a bit of looking into these sorts of sales that Jetstar have, and see how many seats are actually sold vs what is advertised and see how these website crashes are basically denying the majority of the public the right to purchase these fares.

Mick

Thats exactly what I was thinking last night. It would be very interesting to see the figures!!

Mick F
30th April 2008, 02:03 PM
I should add, Jetstar aren't the only one's who have had these sales, and they're not the only one's to have had website crashes/problems during their sales.

However, Jetstar seem to do it more than anyone else and every time they have problems. One would have thought by now that they would have learnt, or upgraded their systems to a level where they can handle the traffic.

And Grant, before you say anything, no, I'm not bitter, I frankly couldn't care less. But I hate it when the travelling public is deceived by way of being told these sales are on, and every time you can never get a fare because their website crashes!

Mick

Michael Morrison
30th April 2008, 02:16 PM
I would expect the fares to be available until they have sold their quota.

Lukas M
30th April 2008, 02:32 PM
Lukas, how do you know that you need to travel in that month?? It's 10 months away. If you're a poor student then why go travelling? Your airfares might be cheap, but the rest won't be.
Mick
Im having a Gap year next year, doing the whole Australia tour thingy. Well I am a good saver, and dont waste my money, plus getting a second casual job in July, so it all helps!

Lukas M
30th April 2008, 02:48 PM
Has Jetstar stuffed up thier 4th Birthday Sale?? You can book 2 people return to Honolulu for $575, it should be double that!!! Jetstar's fault, our gain!

Brian Wilkes
30th April 2008, 03:37 PM
arrrrr Fly Qantas, at least I get feed, and thats very important for a big guy like me:D

Michael Morrison
30th April 2008, 04:17 PM
Has Jetstar stuffed up thier 4th Birthday Sale?? You can book 2 people return to Honolulu for $575, it should be double that!!! Jetstar's fault, our gain!

Possibly to do with the new sale - your friend flies for $4

http://www.jetstar.com/friend-for-4/index.html?s=hp_banner

Greg McDonald
30th April 2008, 04:27 PM
I would expect the fares to be available until they have sold their quota.

Not sure about that. Exactly at 10pm my 'puter no longer allowed access to their (crashed) website from the email.

Andrew M
30th April 2008, 05:13 PM
Not sure about that. Exactly at 10pm my 'puter no longer allowed access to their (crashed) website from the email.

JetMail members will have exclusive access to the sale which starts at 8:00pm (AEST) tonight 29 April 2008, and ends at 10:00pm, unless sold out prior.

I bet they didnt sell that many seats in that 2 hours :)

The current sale is better !

Andrew M
30th April 2008, 05:48 PM
Just booked 2 flights to Hawaii for Nov :) About $1050 all up, and will hopefully get the paid on departure upgrade to star class and get some nice Qantas status credits in the process. Well on the way to Platinum this year now :D

Rhys Xanthis
30th April 2008, 07:03 PM
Guys Guys Guys...

jetstar sell 24000 seats for $4 in 2 hrs? Unlikely, still possible.

Jetstar sell 24000 seats for $4 in 2 hrs with servers crashing due to load, not many people being able to actually buy the cheap seats? Impossible.

Its a smart business ploy really...get all the publicity for a cheap price.

EDIT: And what is pay on departure star class by the way? ( i know what star class is)

Jamie D
30th April 2008, 07:42 PM
I took advantage of this sale also, there are 5 of us going - 3 adults, 1 child and an infant flying return for $2K - now that i like!

Jamie D
30th April 2008, 07:59 PM
I have to laugh last night i tried for about 2 mins to get a $4 fare but all i got was the cannot display this page error message and now i know Lukas is going to love this, tonight i am getting the "Sorry" message!

Greg F
30th April 2008, 08:24 PM
Im not understanding todays 'Take a friend for $4' sale!

Trying to do MEL-OOL X2 Adults (JQ Light $46.50 Per Pax)
Coming up Total of $186.00

I dont understand!

this is on the site as an example

$49 (JetSaver Light fare) + $4 divided by 2= $26.50. So each passenger will fly for $26.50 (Sale JetSaver Light fare)

So mine fare should Be $46.50 x 2 + $8rtn for second Pax + 4 x $3 Surcharge = $113 and not $186!

Lukas M
30th April 2008, 08:33 PM
Its Jetstar's fault that they wanted so many people to join their Email Notification

And Greg its $99 full fare for MEL-OOL, so times that by two, take of 20 for JQLIGHT, and aff 4dollars. So its really $46.50 per person per sector. The Jetstar sale page is the prices that its for each person per sector, with Jetstar already done all the calculations for us. Very confusing for some, they should have just done a 400,000 seat sale from $4 or something

Dunno if TT are going to respond, DJ has