PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Aerolineas Argentinas

Debra Rettie
21st December 2009, 07:54 AM
Hi,

Was at the international airport last night waiting for my mother-in-law when I heard that the Aerolineas Argentinas flight was cancelled and all the passengers were being bused to hotels near the airport. Its funny that almost a year ago when I was flying to Hawaii Aerolineas cancelled their flight for what reason I don't know. But all I know was that their passengers were not happy.

Matt_L
21st December 2009, 03:09 PM
Yep,

was there all of yesterday and ive just been to the International terminal now to drop someone off and Aerolineas still at standoff with no confirmed departure time.

Of other noteworthy movement- Etihad Airlines F1 A346 has been into Sydney an awful lot in the past few days/weeks- if the clouds would stay away would make for some nice photography from the beach:)

Mick B
21st December 2009, 07:59 PM
My brother was due to fly to EZE on Sunday 20/12 on AR1183. The aircraft was late inbound from AKL and pax were then told there would be a 4hour delay due to a mechanical issue. Later in the evening the flight was cancelled as they were awaiting a part and they were put in a hotel. They were told today it won't be departing until Midday Tuesday 22/12.

A 48hr delay is pretty poor form, especially around Christmas. Surely they could source the part a bit faster or arrange alternatives (i.e. QF to BA or Lan Chile to Santiago).

Lesson learnt...don't fly AR! http://www.airlinequality.com seems to concur!!

Dean M
21st December 2009, 10:20 PM
I flew Aerolineas in September SYD-EZE-SYD with an internal south american flight to Santiago, Everythin for me (luckily?) was on time.

Aerolineas is fine if you have a zero expectation rating, sure the plane is old, the crew are grumpy, the entertainment is bad but the old girl still got me there and back in one piece and for $500 saving at the time i was very happy, because that equated to lots more suculent argentine beef, wine and women! :D

JasonV
22nd December 2009, 02:31 AM
especially around Christmas. Surely they could source the part a bit faster or arrange alternatives

You just answered your own question. Are there seats available on these flights a week out from christmas? Probably not i'd say.

Mick B
22nd December 2009, 06:56 AM
Jason,

I know for a fact the QF17 to EZE yesterday had approximately 80 spare seats on it. AR was refusing the budge though.

NickN
22nd December 2009, 09:59 AM
Jump on Google and type in "Aerolineas Review" and prepare for the carnage.

Here is just a taste....

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/aero_arg.htm

Sarah C
22nd December 2009, 03:11 PM
It is just leaving now

JasonV
22nd December 2009, 03:47 PM
An opportunity to clear at least 80 people off a delayed flight is disappointing to hear then. Thumbs down.

James K
24th December 2009, 10:05 AM
Jason,

I know for a fact the QF17 to EZE yesterday had approximately 80 spare seats on it. AR was refusing the budge though.

Thats because AR has to front with a credit card to put their pax on QF. They dont like doing that!