PDA

View Full Version : Emirates release A380

Montague S
25th April 2008, 10:04 AM
Emirates reveals A380 seating layout details

Emirates Airline (Dubai) has released details regarding the cabin configuration for its first Airbus A380s. The announcement shows that the upper deck will be used exclusively for premium passengers, with 14 first-class and 76 business-class seats - the latter split between two cabins. The forward zones either side of the stairwell on the upper deck will be used for washrooms. The main deck will be entirely economy class, with 399 seats in four cabins. Initial A380s will be delivered to the airline in a 489-seat, three-class layout. Until now, Emirates has only revealed the planned seating densities (later aircraft will have three-class, 517-seat or two-class, 604-seat layouts), but not the specific cabin layouts.

can't wait to see how the cabins are decked out..

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee141/swisstrip2007/airbusek.jpg

Andrew M
25th April 2008, 11:33 AM
Interesting set up when compared to SQ

I wonder what QF will do now with their A380's.

Not a huge fan of having that many rows of J on the EK setup in the middle section of J, but then again you can't tell that much from a seatmap!

Montague S
25th April 2008, 12:17 PM
its a 1-2-1 setup in J class but it just looks a little bizarre on that seat map.

Andrew McLaughlin
25th April 2008, 01:11 PM
its a 1-2-1 setup in J class but it just looks a little bizarre on that seat map.

It looks more like a 2-4-2 herringbone pattern with half the seats facing rearwards...

Gerald A
25th April 2008, 04:37 PM
Emirates A380 rego info.

A380-800
F-WWJB 7 On Order / To be re-engined.
F-WWEA 9 On Order.
A6-EDA 11
A6-EDB 13
A6-EDC 16
A6-EDD 17
A6-EDE 20
A6-EDF 23
A6-EDG 25
A6-EDH 28
A6-EDI 30
A6-EDJ 42
A6-EDK 46
A6-EDL 56
A6-EDM 57
A6-EDN 59
A6-EDO 60
A6-EDP
A6-EDQ
A6-EDR
A6-EDS
A6-EDT
A6-EDU
A6-EDV
A6-EDW
A6-EDX
A6-EDY
A6-EDZ
A6-EEA
A6-EEB
A6-EEC
A6-EED
A6-EEE
A6-EEF
A6-EEG
A6-EEH
A6-EEI
A6-EEJ
A6-EEK
A6-EEL
A6-EEM
A6-EEN
A6-EEO
A6-EEP
A6-EEQ
A6-EER
A6-EES
A6-EET
A6-EEU
A6-EEV
A6-EEW

Gerald

Andrew M
25th April 2008, 05:29 PM
It is DEFINATELY 1-2-1

What I was saying is there is around 15 rows which is alot of J seating and won't have that small cosy cabin feel about it.

Ash W
25th April 2008, 06:01 PM
It is DEFINATELY 1-2-1

What I was saying is there is around 15 rows which is alot of J seating and won't have that small cosy cabin feel about it.

If you count the seats there is NO WAY it is 1-2-1. Take the rear section it clearly says it has 18 seats. Guess what? When you count you get 18 seats in a 2-4-2 config, ala BA style with half the seats facing backwards.

Andrew M
25th April 2008, 06:44 PM
I still see it as 1-2-1 :confused:

Looking at the very back J section - 18 seats

4 seats on the left
4 seats on the right
10 seats in the middle

But it does appear that rear facing seats may be used, and you could then class it as 2-4-2, but from looking into a booking engine in terms of seat numbering its 1-2-1 :p

Ash W
25th April 2008, 07:20 PM
I still see it as 1-2-1 :confused:

Looking at the very back J section - 18 seats

4 seats on the left
4 seats on the right
10 seats in the middle

But it does appear that rear facing seats may be used, and you could then class it as 2-4-2, but from looking into a booking engine in terms of seat numbering its 1-2-1 :p

Ok first are these seats forwards backwards like BA or angled like Air New Zealand/Virgin Atlantic?

If as the map suggests it is ala BA then the booking engine is clearly counting the rear facing seats as a seperate row.

How annoyed would you be if you booked a forward facing window seat only to find that you are in what in a normal aircraft would be considered an isle seat?

The map clearly shows 8 disitinct seating positions across the cabin, two on the outside, 4 in the centre, two outside. To me that is 2-4-2.

Montague S
25th April 2008, 07:42 PM
If you count the seats there is NO WAY it is 1-2-1. Take the rear section it clearly says it has 18 seats. Guess what? When you count you get 18 seats in a 2-4-2 config, ala BA style with half the seats facing backwards.

it is classed as 1-2-1...

http://i25.tinypic.com/2mcimg5.jpg

top right is rumoured to be the J class seat.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Etihad-Airways/Airbus-A330-243/1280494/L/

similar to Etihad's

Ash W
25th April 2008, 08:50 PM
it is classed as 1-2-1...

top right is rumoured to be the J class seat.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Etihad-Airways/Airbus-A330-243/1280494/L/

similar to Etihad's

It may well be classified as such, but it is still quite clearly 2-4-2.

Andrew M
25th April 2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry Ash W it is classed as 1-2-1 as per the booking engine and EK.

Yep what Montague S is correct as per airwhiners.net

I don't think any rear-facing seats will be used as the seats in the top right of the pic Montague S used are rumoured to be the seats/suites for EK. But as I said before they MAY as we don't have official confirmation of the type of seat/suite EK will use.

EK will always have a better seat than BA/QF :(

Montague S
25th April 2008, 10:27 PM
It may well be classified as such, but it is still quite clearly 2-4-2.

how on earth do you figure that? its clearly 1-2-1 just by looking at the Etihad cabin...I think your mistaking the personal space that backs into the seat area behind as taking up a row. The seat essentially has 2 parts, the seat area and tv & then the space against the cabin wall..its basically your own cabin without the doors secluding you like EK does in First Class.

Andrew M
25th April 2008, 10:34 PM
Montague S: Not sure how Ash still figures 2-4-2

As I said the rear J cabin 18 seats

4 on the left side
4 on the right side
10 in the middle

If it was 2-4-2, then double my above figures and then its obviously not 18 seats in that cabin section.

But as we have all said the seat map is not that clear

Ash W
25th April 2008, 11:02 PM
Montague S: Not sure how Ash still figures 2-4-2

As I said the rear J cabin 18 seats

4 on the left side
4 on the right side
10 in the middle

If it was 2-4-2, then double my above figures and then its obviously not 18 seats in that cabin section.

But as we have all said the seat map is not that clear

yeah the map isn't clear. The map looks like BA, forward/backwards config. If they are all forward but staggered then there is clearly some space missing for some passengers. Now it would seem as if Emirates are counting each stagger as a different row. But bottom line is there are 8 clear and distinct seating postions across the cabin. Weather it is 1-2-1 or 2-4-2 is simply symatics, it is 8 abrest in a stagger.

Andrew M
25th April 2008, 11:24 PM
Yep a stagger :)

So next will be QF's A380 :D But we can assume nothing really exciting from them really, as we already know the seats in all classes, its just a matter of where they go :rolleyes:

mikel s
26th April 2008, 07:59 AM
The layout is similar to Etihads and also has similarities to EOS. Take a look at the Thompson Solutions website....it has a great package on new generation J Class layouts where lie flat seats can be accomodated into the same cabin without loss off seats as airlines who have angled flat 60" pitch (ala QF, LH, AF, OS, JL, AA, CX old style, TG and so many others). The configuration is adaptable to all aircraft types. It also explains the new beetle staggered Y class seating to be installed by Delta. www.thompsonsolutions.co.uk

QF will have new skybeds longer and completely flat with electrically deployable larger privacy screens and enhanced massage function. At an 80" pitch it will be very spacious.
First Class suites with real sheepskin mattresses and cotton fitted sheets, visitors seat for couples dining and remote control for IFE and seat (similar to what EK have now on 345).
Economy has PC Power at every seat and 10.4 inch high def screens.
Self service bars in all cabins, new Panasonic 1000 plus choices IFE system and a business centre for First and Business plus the new premium economy cabin.
QF A380 product will be competitive. The premium cabin screens while large are not as big as CX, SQ and EK though.

Andrew M
26th April 2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info, but Skybed 1 is rubbish when compared to most other carriers

Even Skybed 2 will be average, but still a step over 1