PDA

View Full Version : Vh-ojk

Jason H
3rd January 2010, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know any more about VH-OJK's future and when it is retiring??
According to my logs, its latest flight was a week ago, QF12 arriving in SYD Dec28.

Also, does anyone know where VH-OQA is? It's last flight was QF32 arriving in SYD Dec27.

Both a/c have not flown since.

Fred C
3rd January 2010, 12:29 PM
VH-OQA is in the hangar for planned maintenance.

VH-OJK is being prepared for storage in Victorville. Not sure of the departure day yet.

Jason H
3rd January 2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks Fred, so no more commercial flights for OJK then?

Do you know when OJC and OEE are due back in service? They have been out for quite a while too

Fred C
3rd January 2010, 10:29 PM
So no more commercial flights for OJK then?
Well, the last two retired 747's have done a commercial flight to LAX or to JFK back to LAX and then ferried to VCV. So it may well do a service to LAX. Not privvy to the plan yet.;)

Do you know when OJC and OEE are due back in service? They have been out for quite a while too
Will have a look for the dates, but I think OJC due back within a week. Both receiving love and attention at AVV.

Anthony J used to know these things, but I think the Mods may have ticked him off.

Jason H
3rd January 2010, 11:12 PM
Funnily enough, OJC was back into operation as QF5 this afternoon. Still no OEE though.

Sarmad Al-Khozaie
4th January 2010, 02:37 PM
I think we ticked off Anthony J not the Mods

Our never ending Rego request made him leave or on extended leave :D

Dave Parer
4th January 2010, 03:55 PM
Yep, I actually tracked OJC into Frankfurt about two hours ago. Even took a screen shot of it over Poland with OJT behind heading to Heathrow....

Jason H
4th January 2010, 06:24 PM
I logged VH-OJO heading off to AVV this morning, probably swapping over now that OJC is out and in service.

Dave, what is that program that you have? Planeplotter?

Dave Parer
4th January 2010, 07:13 PM
I have an interest in tracking Finnish Aviation and have mates in Finland that put me onto this site;

http://radar-2.piopawlu.net/

You have to register for a log in and password, but it's free. In the UK tracking is mainly via Plane Plotter but this site is more for the Nordic countries of Norway,Sweden & Finland, plus other European countries like Poland, Ukraine, Hungary etc.

Same type of set up as PP where many SBS users in these European countries provide their feed to piopawlu website.

I mainly track stuff in Finland but always like tracking QF1, QF5, QF9 & QF31 about 1pm our time when I can.

I also tracked QF1 & QF31 today as well which were about 30 minutes behind QF5 & QF9 with VH-OQC operating QF31 today.

Dave Parer
5th January 2010, 10:15 AM
What I forgot to mention was that http://radar-2.piopawlu.net only works with Mozilla Firefox, not Internet Explorer.

The Google maps only show in MF, not IE.

Currently tracking OJC, OJT & OJU over Europe....

Fred C
6th January 2010, 02:21 AM
VH-OEE is due back in service from its 'D' check around the 16th Jan.:D

Jack B
6th January 2010, 06:08 AM
When did OEE go away for the check?

Adam.S
6th January 2010, 10:10 AM
Late November if I recall correctly.

Mick B
18th January 2010, 11:29 AM
OJK is off to Victorville today at 1600 as QF6019.

Another one bites the dust :(

Jason H
18th January 2010, 02:25 PM
OEE operated QF107 yesterday which was its first flight since the D check

Brian Wilkes
18th January 2010, 03:41 PM
Aircraft in the new livery?

Fred C
19th January 2010, 01:36 AM
No it won't be in the new livery. 747's do not get painted in Australia and as it was in AVV then no paint job.;)

You will find that the 744 ER's will be the last to be painted as they have the newest paint ex factory already on them.

Peter Agatsiotis
13th October 2011, 04:32 PM
Skyliner news is showing VH-OJK delivered to Max Air as 5N-HMB on 11th October. Life in her yet!

(Also noteworthy is UTA's first B744, F-GEXA is heading for the scrappers!)