PDA

View Full Version : Videocamera file output question

Kurt A
14th January 2010, 01:21 PM
Hi team,

I have access to a Canon Fs200 videocamera and wish to use it for "aviation purposes".

My only problem/concern is, that the file output from the camera is " .MOD "

Has anyone ever worked with these file-types before?
Can anyone suggest a genuine and reliable file converter, one that doesn't sacrifice quality? ie: from .MOD to .AVI

(freeware if possible)

I don't know what Canon were thinking when they produced this kids toy :rolleyes: :D

Nigel C
14th January 2010, 02:27 PM
Spotting weekend "evidence gathering" tool, Kurt?;)

Lachlan C
14th January 2010, 03:35 PM
hi
i have the same camera, the software that comes with it should convert the files to avi automaticly

NickN
18th January 2010, 09:00 AM
I have the FS200 (Legria) and all my files are output in Mpeg format.

I can dump them on my PC and play them straight back with WMP.

Kurt A
18th January 2010, 09:17 AM
Hello,

Thanks all for the links and suggestions. I've installed the Pixela ImageMixer software that comes with the camera and loaded the latest update too, but unfortunately it doesn't do conversions to '.avi'.

You can only do very basic editing with that program, and when you're ready to save or output the file, it only saves as MPEG-2 format. Which then is not readable by a lot of other video editing software, hence a further requirement to instal some codecs.

Sure, can still play the video files back on WMP or other, but ideally, I want to work with .avi files.

Lachlan, have you managed to utuilise ImageMixer to convert your .mod files direct to .avi ?

NickN
18th January 2010, 11:32 AM
Kurt,

WinMPG would be your best bet to convert the MPG's to AVI.

There may or may not be a copy on torrent if you know what I mean.

Stephen Brown
18th January 2010, 03:21 PM
Amsy,

Send me a small sample, I think i have a program that will help you.

Browneye