PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Fleet Issue

Lukas M
27th April 2008, 07:40 PM
Was going to collect Someone Inbound from Perth at Tulla This morning and didn't go as the flight was delayed by 15hours, so I just checked Melair.com.au and about 4,5 others are delayed, does anyone know what aircraft has issues cause im flying old tiger in the next 5 days!

Alex Lui
28th April 2008, 10:11 AM
I'll give it a shot but no guarantees I get it right.

Tiger's biggest problem at the moment is the fact that they only have 5 aircraft. These 5 are used pretty much 12 - 14 hours a day. If one (and trust me it only takes one) goes tech, then there is a flow on effect, thus delays are to be expected. Hence a possible reason the delayed Perth flight. They could have been waiting for a replacement aircraft to fly to Perth. Who knows...?

My last flight with Tiger had a delay of about 3 hours because the aircraft, VNF went tech. Some problem with the engine. We waited until the Adelaide flight arrived before we went to Canberra as that aircraft took us instead of VNF. So there you can see I hope that if one goes tech, there is a flow on effect.

Tiger is getting some A319s and another A320 soon. Hopefully this helps the situation a bit better.

Hope this helps.

Alex.

Steve Jones
28th April 2008, 10:53 AM
Just back from a long weekend trip to Darwin CBR-MEL-DRW-MEL-CBR all on Tiger. All flights on time and ran smoothly. Absolutely no complaints at all from me (all the more so given the total cost of all 4 sectors well a lot less than $100!)

Rhys Xanthis
28th April 2008, 03:48 PM
really..

was at perth last night...laughed at the check in screens which gleefully said "Check in closes 23:40" "15kg Per Person".

And a voiceover saying "If you havent checked in, its closing soon"

hahaha. can laugh now:p