PDA

View Full Version : QF - New Brand Advertising Campaign

David B.
28th April 2008, 11:28 AM
http://www.qantas.com.au/info/about/company/international-brand-campaign

On 28 April 2008, we launched a new brand advertising campaign highlighting Qantas as the world's most experienced airline.

Qantas has been flying continuously for longer than any other airline in the world - for over 87 years. We were the first airline to introduce business class in 1979, our operational standards are world leading, and we remain the true pioneer of long haul air travel.

The first phase of this new campaign will run from April to August 2008 in North America, the United Kingdom and in Asia.

The campaign features some of our First Lounge staff and Cabin Crew, and is set to a new soundtrack of the Australian classic 'Land Down Under'.

The campaign will be viewed worldwide online, as well as being seen overseas on television, outdoor billboards, and in newspapers and magazines.

View the campaign at qantas.com/experience (http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/qantas-experience)

View the new Qantas TV commercial*

The World's Most Experienced Airline (http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/about/company/tvcs/experience.mpg)

Cheers

Montague S
28th April 2008, 11:48 AM
bit misleading saying they have been flying longer than KLM and Avianca...I suspect that the A380 "minisite" won't be far behind...the photos look remarkably familiar from previous adverts! ;)

Andrew P
28th April 2008, 12:20 PM
bit misleading saying they have been flying longer than KLM and Avianca

quote is flying continuously for longer , did not KLM stop flying during WWII,

Banjo

Montague S
28th April 2008, 12:26 PM
quote is flying continuously for longer , did not KLM stop flying during WWII,

Banjo

did they? I think you'll find they continued operating in Asia and from New York

if so...Avianca has still been flying longer continuously than Qantas...

Graham B
28th April 2008, 12:42 PM
Since when has there been truth in advertising?????:confused:

Graham B

Michael Morrison
28th April 2008, 12:53 PM
Yup = KLM stoppedall Euro ops, but were flying in the far east.

I think the ad is pretty boring.

Montague S
28th April 2008, 12:55 PM

that I do agree with...not even sure what the message is in this ad. :cool:

Marty H
28th April 2008, 01:20 PM

Also agree, what did that set them back to make that ad?

Andrew M
28th April 2008, 08:06 PM
That Skybed looks fully flat to me! :eek:

Rhys Xanthis
28th April 2008, 08:15 PM
That Skybed looks fully flat to me! :eek:

??

They are fully flat now arent they..

I thought it was okay...but i dont think it really did much for me in the "Im going to fly xxx" department.

Andrew M
28th April 2008, 08:52 PM
Nope not fully flat, which is why the QF J product is pretty poor when compared to AC, NZ, and many others.

The Skybed II on the A380 will be fully flat !

Rhys Xanthis
28th April 2008, 08:53 PM
The Skybed II on the A380 will be fully flat !

I thought that the new ones were being fitted into B744 and others??

Andrew M
28th April 2008, 08:59 PM
Nope, not onto the B744 or A332/3 :mad:

So the add is incorrect, with the fully flat skybed, the way I look at it!

The disclaimer when the flat skybed is showing says only available on A330-200, A330-300 and B747-400 services, subject to last minute changes....

Ash W
28th April 2008, 09:56 PM
Nope, not onto the B744 or A332/3 :mad:

So the add is incorrect, with the fully flat skybed, the way I look at it!

The disclaimer when the flat skybed is showing says only available on A330-200, A330-300 and B747-400 services, subject to last minute changes....

You don't have too much positive things to say about the QF product do you Andrew? But in any case the Skybed (MKI for want of a better word) is indeed a flat bed, it is just at an angle, as is the case with many other carriers including, shock horror the Raffles Class bed on SQ. (744, 772, 335 etc).

Just because Qantas choose to show the new product doesn't mean it is false advertising. All arilines advertise their new products even though they are not 100% across the fleet.

Andrew M
28th April 2008, 10:43 PM
Was waiting for the predictable response to my QF comments :D. Skybed MKII will be good, but I still much prefer a more private suite, such as AC and NZ. But as I have said in other threads if QF had that type of product in business class it doesn't leave much room left for first class. So as a result Skybed II will be a compromise.

As for QF - I defend them at times, I have said before that their domestic J food is superior to AC's international J food. That says alot really!

As for showing a fully lie-flat product which wont be offered on the 744, A332 & A333 on the add I think it's pretty poor from! So I don't have MANY positive things so say about the add at the moment. QF's website however correctly shows the A380 with the new bed and the others with the angle bed. So I give them credit for that!

But then again only a few select geeks like myself will actually pick up on that ;):D However, other airlines that advertise their newer and superior product usually have a accurate disclaimer as far as I have seen.

Back to the topic, not 100% sure about this advertising/marketing campaign.

The World's Most Experienced Airline

No big impact like any of the other campaigns and using it in North America, not sure that people will care. Then again I don't work in marketing and didn't conduct the market research which I am sure that QF has.

Personally promote the A380 :D

Olle Q
29th April 2008, 01:09 AM
Well itīs another one of those slim and well-behaved ads and TV-commercials you find almost everywhere. Made to suit the business travellers.
I would have liked it more on the resolute side, with a clear Australian touch and flavor.;) Perhaps with a joke or two.

Cheers

David Sims
29th April 2008, 10:08 AM
I thought the add was well put together and the backing track was well suited to the style of the add.

Rhys Xanthis
29th April 2008, 03:10 PM

A good point!

Why didnt they use an A380 instead of a 744 at the end!

Perhaps they will change it when they get delivery?

D Chan
29th April 2008, 09:56 PM
No big impact like any of the other campaigns and using it in North America, not sure that people will care. Then again I don't work in marketing and didn't conduct the market research which I am sure that QF has.

Promoting the A380 would be a good call I think, though I think that might come sometime down the track before the first a/c is delivered...

I think the word 'experience' is very 'convenient' concept to use and easily adaptable to what Qantas wants to be seen as. Experience goes well with their origin from Longreach / outback Australia, it goes well with safety record, goes well with things like flight training, service delivery (in the cabin) etc.

it's a pity though that real aircraft weren't used in the ad footages.

Andrew M
30th April 2008, 10:07 AM
Maybe the A380's are delayed so this is the alternative adversiting strategy.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Watched the add again, defaintely not as good as the previous marketing campagins.

I would rather fly V Australia with a few months expereience (once they actually start flying) than Qantas if the product is the same and the price is cheaper.

1 year or 80 years doesn't mean much to me, my deciding factors when booking flights ranked in order from most important to least important

Features & Quality of the product - A380 should have an edge over the 773 from V Australia, although J class I think will be better on V Aust as it will be a nicer suite setup similar to AC/NZ.

Price

FF Program/Rewards

Longetivity of the airline - For me QF/DJ/JQ/V Australia - All the same, we are not talking about a no name airline starting up with a risk of going under