PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane airport terminal evacuated

Ryan N
30th April 2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,26058,23622957-5014090,00.html

Brisbane airport terminal evacuated
April 30, 2008 04:47pm

A QANTAS domestic terminal at Brisbane Airport was evacuated and at least 14 flights threatened with delay today after a passenger breached security.
Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) spokeswoman Rebecca McConochie said the passenger walked unscreened through a security checkpoint around 3.30pm (AEST) today.

"As a result the Qantas domestic terminal is being evacuated in order for passengers to be rescreened and the terminal to be searched,'' Ms McConochie said.

"We are expecting delays to at least 14 Qantas flights over the next hour.''

The Virgin Blue and Jetstar terminals were operating normally, she said.

Passengers with any questions about their flight schedules have been asked to contact Qantas.

Jamie D
30th April 2008, 07:45 PM
Arent all the terminals connected? meaning if this person breached qantas security could he or she board any flight?

Raymond Rowe
30th April 2008, 08:35 PM
Arent all the terminals connected? meaning if this person breached qantas security could he or she board any flight?

True yes they are. They could have bolted in any direction on any flight.

Steve S... 2
1st May 2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah I don't understand why they only evacuated the QF terminal when the whole lot is connected as one.

damian f
1st May 2008, 01:01 PM
The terminals being connected was my first thought too... I thought maybe another media mistake... but it seems no!!

Wait til the media gets hold of this!!! "Unscreened passengers got onto planes and travelled" :eek:

Damian

Rhys Xanthis
1st May 2008, 03:03 PM
perhaps entries to other carriers area was restricted immediately?

Just a thought, only ever passed through BNE, so dont know it.