PDA

View Full Version : Getting around in america

Jamie D
1st May 2008, 07:53 PM
Hi All,

I have booked some of jetstars sale fares to hawaii and am thinking of extending it and getting to the mainland for a few days. Does anyone know of any sites i can look at that do really good deals between hnl and lax?

THanks

Andrew C
1st May 2008, 08:31 PM
I flew Hawaiian from HNL to LAX was very good and affordable.

Mike Scott
2nd May 2008, 12:56 AM
Hawaiian is pretty good and probably one of your better options. Seats are pretty tight (and expensive) since we recently lost both Aloha and ATA recently. Prices have also gone up due to the shortage of seats and the ever increasing fuel costs. Airline employees are also having a hard time getting back and forth...The only way I got out a few nights back was to ride a jumpseat for 5 hours to get to SFO. The upcoiming summer vacation season will make a bad situation worse....just fyi.

Regards

MS

Lukas M
2nd May 2008, 10:24 AM
Westjet are a low cost carrier, and having some very good deals sometimes

Paul McFarlane
2nd May 2008, 10:36 AM
Westjet are a low cost carrier, and having some very good deals sometimes

From memory though - I think they only fly direct from HNL to YVR. No direct flights to mainland USA.

Cheers

Paul

Seth Jaworski
2nd May 2008, 11:20 AM
bestflights.com.au
expedia.com
travelocity.com
orbitz.com
hotwire.com

SteveW
2nd May 2008, 12:41 PM
www.kayak.com is one of the best sites I've used recently. Awesome use of AJAX and good aggregation of carriers.

Bernie P
2nd May 2008, 01:11 PM
www.kayak.com Awesome use of AJAX and good aggregation of carriers.

Can you tell me how using AJAX (cleaning product) is good ??? :p :eek: :p

Chris Tully
3rd May 2008, 03:15 PM
I usually fly Continental between Los Angeles and Honlolulu. Availability is usually healthy and you get to ride on a nice (new) 767-400 + you still get a little bit of included catering.

Much better then riding on the clapped-out equipment most American carriers fly around with these days...

SteveW
6th May 2008, 11:29 AM
Can you tell me how using AJAX (cleaning product) is good ??? :p :eek: :p

Sure, it's better than Vim ;)