PDA

View Full Version : Qantas website down

Robert Zweck
2nd May 2008, 09:32 AM
qantas.com is currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.
This is a temporary page that enables you to access key functionality.
Flight Search

From Australian cities only. To book from another country, change your region above.
Domestic International
From Australian cities only.

Return One Way Multi-City
To: Returning Date:

Passengers: Adults Children (2-11 yrs) Infants (< 2 yrs)

Search Options: Must travel on these dates Flexible with dates
Sort results by: Go

Andrew C
2nd May 2008, 09:40 AM
I wonder what happend to thier redundancy. Not a good look to have a web site outage.

Andrew M
2nd May 2008, 10:52 AM
Jetstar is down as well, once you go to search for fares that is.

Who was it that was ranting and raving how bad Virgin was when their check-in systems crashed for a hour or two.

The Qantas and Jetstar websites have been down since 6am this morning. Yet that person kept telling me and everyone else that Qantas systems never fail etc etc :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Andrew M
2nd May 2008, 10:56 AM
It was Andrew P who had this to say about DJ when their check-in systems crashed for 45 mins ONLY ;)

"no mishaps (as you call them) should not happen

obviously you have no been involved in major IT projects

a computer failure should have been predicatable when IT planinng took place, and a back-up system put in place to take over when the main system failed.

it did not last night and DJ deserves all the criticism it is getting for it

Banjo"

Montague S
2nd May 2008, 11:30 AM
look out for A380 info? :D

Andrew M
2nd May 2008, 11:35 AM
Ah that must be it a total revamp of the site for the A380.......... :eek:

Andrew P
2nd May 2008, 01:34 PM
It was Andrew P who had this to say about DJ when their check-in systems crashed for 45 mins ONLY ;)

"no mishaps (as you call them) should not happen....."

repeat, now its QF turn for their it guy should be scrapped over the coals

where is the back-up system!!!!

Banjo

ps was on Mel yesterday, and note DJ departure signs at each gate beared no resemblance to what was going on at the gate, one at 4.45 said the plane arrived at 9.30am

Andrew C
2nd May 2008, 01:59 PM
Must be some significant issue, it is still down @ 2pm.

Sarah C
2nd May 2008, 02:42 PM
It should be back up now. There have been some major network issues, qantas.com is just one application effected. I believe reservations has also been down to some extent

Andrew C
2nd May 2008, 02:46 PM
Yes looks like its now good @ 2.43pm.

Wonder what single point of failure caused this??
I know some of the redundancy in the Web systems used here but not all. Something significant to take it out for so long. These network failures can be a real headache if they are physical failures.

Grant Smith
2nd May 2008, 02:50 PM
Not too sure about it being down since 6am, I was searching and able to book fares at just shy of 7am this morning on the Jetstar website...

Meh, either way ****e happens and what man makes, man can break...

World keeps on spinning - which I think you'll all agree is much more important than the QF website being down for a short period ;)

Andrew M
2nd May 2008, 02:54 PM

Banjo

ps was on Mel yesterday, and note DJ departure signs at each gate beared no resemblance to what was going on at the gate, one at 4.45 said the plane arrived at 9.30am

Glad you spread the love to all companies with poor IT set ups :p

Ash W
2nd May 2008, 04:18 PM

Banjo

Umm there is a back-up system and judging by the orginal post the said back-up system kicked in, just with reduced functionality.

As for the DJ issue wasn't it with the check-in system not their web site?

Andrew P
2nd May 2008, 04:55 PM
Glad you spread the love to all companies with poor IT set ups :p

as i deal with SAP & Oracle data all day, I know what the probelsm can be

Banjo

Andrew M
2nd May 2008, 05:19 PM
SAP - Cringe!!!!

Philip Argy
2nd May 2008, 06:28 PM
The computer problems must have been significant - the staff at the Qantas Club told me they had "no computer system" at 11 am in Sydney and were using QuickCheck terminals and telephone calls to some central location to alter people's reservations.

It seemed to all be working OK at 4 pm when I was at the Qantas Club lounge in Canberra.

Andrew C
2nd May 2008, 10:21 PM
Its nice to see back up procedure that work. I did not hear about any significant delays for QF. I do stand to be corrected.

Ryan N
5th May 2008, 12:31 PM
I tried to check in online late Saturday night but the website wouldn't let me do it. So ended up checking in at the airport.