PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways Seat Selection

Steve S... 2
5th May 2008, 11:32 AM
Hi,

Was trying to book a flight on Tiger Airways, and it gives you the option to choose your seats "which you have to pay for" - $8 for standard and $32 for preferred.

It only appears to let me do the "preferred" which I feel is a rip off to pay that sort of money to choose a seat. I want to choose a "standard" seat. Anyone know how I do that and why it is only giving me "preferred" seating please? Maybe it is a matter of just choosing a seat that is classed as standard?

Thanks,

Steve S.

Steve S... 2
5th May 2008, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

Sorry, I just realised it is charging me $8 "per seat" for three passengers each way ie ($8 x $6 = $48).

Jetstar and Virgin Blue don't charge to choose your own seats.

I am not going to book the flights.

Regards,

Steve S.

Lukas M
5th May 2008, 01:06 PM
Dont Pay the Tiger Seat Selection, just observe if there's many people's on board then pick your own seat. At Checkin tell them you want Emergency Exit, I did and no charge.

Thats how they make there money though

Steve Jones
5th May 2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah if you look at the booking page, there's no obligation to choose a seat. And from my experience, very few people cough up for the exit row, so if you're early enough at check-in, you're more than likely to get it free of charge. The exit row was great last week on MEL-DRW, I can assure you!

Rhys Xanthis
5th May 2008, 02:59 PM
How does tiger's seats/legroom compare to qf's 738's and JQ a320?

Jason Carruthers
5th May 2008, 04:23 PM
How does tiger's seats/legroom compare to qf's 738's and JQ a320?

From what I've heard its 28-29 inch pitch on Tiger. Compared to 31 inches on QF, 30 inches on JQ and 30-33 inches on DJ.

So if you ever fly TT you'd want a VERY strong tailwind on your flight

Jason

Rhys Xanthis
5th May 2008, 06:04 PM
From what I've heard its 28-29 inch pitch on Tiger. Compared to 31 inches on QF, 30 inches on JQ and 30-33 inches on DJ.

So if you ever fly TT you'd want a VERY strong tailwind on your flight

Jason

Thats what ive heard as well, but ive talked to an uncle who said it was just like QF....wondering if anyone had any personal experience..:)

Lukas M
5th May 2008, 06:28 PM
Thats what ive heard as well, but ive talked to an uncle who said it was just like QF....wondering if anyone had any personal experience..:)
After flying tiger about 20times (yes 9.95 fares all over the country), the seat pitch is 29 on VNB and 30 on VNC,VND,VNF. The cloth seats are a nice change to JQ and they reminded me of QF. The tiger staff will ask most people if they want emergency row, so the earlier the better:D Otherwise just walk on last if its not full and select your own seat. Also noticed the newer A320 interior on ND,NF,NC

stuart r
5th May 2008, 09:13 PM
Be careful. I have flown tiger a number of times and have been told that if you do not select a seat and therefore pay for it on booking, then you "get what you're given" on check in, and it's not open for debate or consideration from/with the highly trained person behind the counter.

Steve Jones
6th May 2008, 08:13 AM
Every single time I have flown Tiger, from several different ports, the check-in agent has been more than happy to consider my seating request, and on many occasions I have gotten the emergency exit row.

Lukas M
6th May 2008, 08:15 AM
Every single time I have flown Tiger, from several different ports, the check-in agent has been more than happy to consider my seating request, and on many occasions I have gotten the emergency exit row.
I think the Launceston Check-In Crew are abit tough

Gareth U
8th May 2008, 08:10 AM
the seat pitch is 29 on VNB and 30 on VNC,VND,VNF.

I am keen to know how 30" is achievable. JQ has 16 rows from the row after the OW exit rows to the aft RH lav (or both aft lavs on some a/c) with 30" pitch. If Tiger have a lav on both sides, and 17 rows behind the OW exits (to accommodate 180Y), then their seat pitch MUST be 28". Tiger also has forward bulkheads on both sides, do they not? This means a seat pitch of 29-30". That being said, if they have 'full bulkheads' that sit flush with the o/head lockers then forward cabin seat pitch is definately 29".

Note the on JQ the seat pitch is reduced in 4 or 5 rows forward of the OW exits on the RH side to accommodate the forward RH bulkhead (no bulkhead on LH side). Seat pitch in these rows is reduced to 29".

I have only seen pics of Tiger Oz's cabin so I can only go off those.

Steve Jones
8th May 2008, 08:59 AM
This is probably being highly simplified, but JQ and TT both put 180 seats in their A320s. Both have minimal galleys etc. So surely overall the seat pitch is the same.

Also I noted on a recent Tiger flight that an announcement made about emergency exits, referred to rows 1, 12, 13 and 30? I didn't make it to the back, but do they have a row of seats adjacent to the back door? I would find that highly unusual for an A320.

Lukas M
8th May 2008, 09:29 AM
Also I noted on a recent Tiger flight that an announcement made about emergency exits, referred to rows 1, 12, 13 and 30? I didn't make it to the back, but do they have a row of seats adjacent to the back door? I would find that highly unusual for an A320.

Doubt It, I will take some photos on my next TT flight of the Seating arrangements as Im always at the back

Brendan Lawrence
8th May 2008, 12:36 PM
Just to add a bit of information to the fray...

On Jetstar A320s we have 177 seats; 30 rows on aircraft-left (ABC) and 29 rows on aircraft-right (DEF).

We have a half-galley down in the aft so the lav sits in the half where a full-size galley would normally be, therefore we can have an extra row on the left. But there is no window there for the Alpha passenger and row 30 is usually one of the last to be filled because we try and block it for crew-rest.

However, on some of our aircraft that are leased or have come in from JQ Asia and other carriers (-JQW is one of them, the "Turkish Delight" one), they have only 174 seats because there is a full aft galley and therefore a lav sits on the LHS too, meaning 29 rows on both sides.

I haven't seen the inside of a Tiger A320 so if they have the same full aft galley with 2 lavs and yet they still seat 180 then I would imagine their seat pitch would have to be less. :confused:

As for the pitch being less on the RHS forward of the overwing because of that fwd bulkhead, I've never noticed that. As far as I can visually remember row 1 DEF starts at the same point as ABC - but I'll have a squiz at that next time! ;)

Gareth U
9th May 2008, 12:21 PM
This is probably being highly simplified, but JQ and TT both put 180 seats in their A320s. Both have minimal galleys etc. So surely overall the seat pitch is the same.

Steve -
Yes, Mate. Too simplified. 3 JQ 320s have the full galley and two lavs forward of the aft doors. This is the same set up as Tiger yet JQ only have 174 in that config.

Brendan -
I am shocked you have not noticed that! The offset is definately there. Look for reduced pitch in rows 2,3,4,5,6 and 11 DEF, from memory. How else do you explain the room for the galley bulkhead?